X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TommyV
    • Feb 2007

RB-1552 vs RB-1070

How much new design has gone into these new 15 series class A/B stereo amps? Do they differ greatly from the previous 10 series models with similar wattage ratings? I had a chance to hear a system using a RB-1582 and was completely floored by the sound.
  • TommyV
    • Feb 2007

anyone comment on the internal design of the new 15 series classic stereo amps? Has anyone compared to the previous models?

Comment

• SkyDover
      • Feb 2010

I think you're hearing more difference in the room than changes in equipment.
      There isn't much internal changes more than changing the outside looks (Chassis) for the new 15 series for the analog amps. Looking internally at my RB-1080 and the RB-1582, they are basically the same but the RB-1582 removes the balance inputs.

Listening to the RB-1082, I cannot tell the difference between the two, they sound identical. My dealer has confirmed the same with me that it's not an upgrade, it's a change in external looks.

You're probably hearing more difference in room acoustics or something different in the equipment chain that you aren't using at home. You could always get one on loan from your dealer to listen at home to satisfy your curiosity. :T

Comment

• TommyV
        • Feb 2007

Where did I say I heard a difference? I have only heard the 1582 not the 10 series stereo amps. I was asking if there are any new internal upgrades. I never said anything about one being better than the other.

Comment

• SkyDover
          • Feb 2010

> I had a chance to hear a system using a RB-1582 and was completely floored > by the sound

Ok, so you've only heard the 15 series! I get it now. You will be floored by the 10 series as well. Enjoy! :W

Comment

• TommyV
            • Feb 2007

Correct for stereo, I heave really only experienced the 15 series though I own a RB-1050 2x70w @ 8ohms but there is no equivalent model in the new 15 series.

I also own a RMB-1075 5 channel amp powering my HT setup that I love.

I was thinking if it would be worth getting a 1552 for my 2 channel setup as I am about to do a speaker upgrade. On the other hand, I can probably find a nice used rb-1070 for like $350-$400. I just think the 15 series amp looks really nice. At first I did not like the design as much but it is growing on me and after seeing it in person I can say they are truly great looking (and sounding) amps.

Like you said though I know the 10 series is a winner. I was more searching for any concrete info about internal upgrades/tweaks like more expensive capacitors or what not.

Comment

• TommyV
              • Feb 2007

Some inside pics

RB-1070

RB-1552

Looks pretty darn similar to me.

Comment

• SkyDover
                • Feb 2010

They are internal twins!! 8O :W

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"