X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • miket
    • Oct 2004

Speaker Advice for Rotel 10 series hifi

Hi Rotel users,

I recently upgraded to rotel 10 series (rcd 1072, rc1070, rt1080, rdv1050, rb1070) but kept my Linn Katans. In fact now i'll move my katans into the bedroom (have linn amps for that!) and buy floorstanders for the rotel hifi. Any recommendations for about 1,500 to 2,000 euros/dollars?
    I liked the katans, am thinking linn Ninka, already liked what I heard, I'm just wondering if anybody has any other strong suggestions.

I like a clean, open sound with authority and both good bottom end with detailed mid and treble. I want well finished solid speakers that are well balanced for all kinds of music. Listening room back wall is 5m, sides 7m.

Am also open to get another rb1070 to bi-amp if it helps alot.

thanks in advance for any ideas .... mike
  • thyname
    • Jan 2005

You could probably replace RB-1070 with RB-1080 for a more economic solution vs. bi-amping with 2 RB1070s. As you probably won't be able to get Axioms in Italy, I would suggest B&W 703 (around usd 3000 a pair) or Paradigm Studio 100 V3 (around USD 2300 a pair).

Comment

• miket
      • Oct 2004

Is there a very noticeable improvement between the rb1080 and the rb1070 whilst driving floorstanders? Actually I'm thinking of holding onto the 1070 and waiting to test the new digital amps which are rumoured to be out soon. After the speakers I'll need to $ave for a while !!

cheers for the advice ...... miket

Comment

• Marcel54
        • Jan 2004

A "few" people on this forum, including myself, are using Mirage OM-7's. I can tell you I'm very happy with them. Large soundstage with great details. They are used with a RB1080, a RDV1060 and RSP1098.

Marcel

Comment

• thyname
          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by miket
          Is there a very noticeable improvement between the rb1080 and the rb1070 whilst driving floorstanders? Actually I'm thinking of holding onto the 1070 and waiting to test the new digital amps which are rumoured to be out soon. After the speakers I'll need to $ave for a while !!

cheers for the advice ...... miket
          There is an improvement, but not huge. I had RB-1070 first with my RC-1070 for more than a month. My Rotel dealer had a 90 day upgrade policy, so I realized for USD 300 extra I could get RB-1080 and be happy (no suffer from upgraditis) anymore. Also, since my Axioms could handle up to 250 Watts. Again, there are improvements, such as better soundstage, tighter bass, more "silent" silences in between, etc, but not as huge. If the difference in price is high for you, if you have rather efficient speakers, or if your speakers cannot handle 200 wpc, stay with RB-1070, it is Rotel anyway. I cannot say anything about bi-amping, since I have not tried it (yet) :W

Comment

• lvhung
            • Jun 2005

I choose Rotel 991 or 1080 above 1070
            :T

Comment

• Kevin97225
              • Oct 2004

The sound you describe that you want, can be had in Klipsch RF-7 speakers. The Rotel and Klipsch combo is stunning together. You might want to have a listen to Klipsch RF-7 and see how you like them for yourself.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"