Rotel RSX-1056 receiver low video sound?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hipertec
    • Jan 2010

Rotel RSX-1056 receiver low video sound?

Hi, I have RSX-1056 receiver and the tuner sounds loud and wonderful. When I hook up my sat box or PS3, etc in the video section, it is much much lower. I would need to up the volume +20 to get it to about the same as what the tuner was playing.
    Any suggestions?
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Typical, especially if you are using the digital inputs for the other two (and you should be).

The 1058/1550 added source level adjustments to help.

Kevin D.

Comment

• hipertec
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Kevin D
      Typical, especially if you are using the digital inputs for the other two (and you should be).

The 1058/1550 added source level adjustments to help.

Kevin D.
      Thanks for the response. Yes, I am using the digital inputs (opticals).
      What is the added source level adjustments and where can I find this on the 1056 receiver?

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

1056 didn't have it. You would have to upgrade to the 1058 and newer to get it.

Kevin D.

Comment

• hipertec
          • Jan 2010

ya..thanks. Last question, I noticed that if I am using the optical from my Sat box, sometimes I will get a small "pop" or "click" from my speakers.
          Any idea whats causing this? I get worried that it will mess up my speakers.

Comment

• rick c
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by hipertec
            ya..thanks. Last question, I noticed that if I am using the optical from my Sat box, sometimes I will get a small "pop" or "click" from my speakers.
            Any idea whats causing this? I get worried that it will mess up my speakers.
            Thats the exact reason i exchanged my first rsx1056.Cant remember the cause right now.But if you did a search i'm sure you'll find it as others had the same preoblem.

Comment

• hipertec
              • Jan 2010

I wonder if Rotel will repair this issue since it seems to be a reoccurance problem...even when the receiver is an older model?

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"