How Can I Display RSX-1056 Settings on My Plasma?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • frank1203
    • Apr 2006

How Can I Display RSX-1056 Settings on My Plasma?

Hello, I am in the process of relocating some of my Rotel and other HT equipment from my Family Room to my basement. The Plasma will remain mounted in the Family Room and all of the HT equipment will be accessed using IR Repeating equipment.

One of the pieces of equipment I want to move is my RSX1056 Receiver. I have been thinking if there are any reasons that I need to have this piece of equipment in my direct line of site and could not come up with any until just now.

Here is my dilemna.. I am very accustomed to viewing the volume number directly on the display of my 1056 when I play the DVD; CD or TV and now this will be impossible since it will located in a different room. But, I have noticed that when I play my DVD in the current configuration, the volume adjustments and other settings are displayed directly on my Plasma. However, when I watch the Plasma directly for TV only, no settings (including volume) are displayed. Since it appears to work for the DVD but not for the TV viewing, I am hoping all that is needed is some type of setting change in my 1056 menu to make this work. Can anyone provide any ideas on how to do this. Thanks.
  • shadow 8
    • Aug 2004

The menu items like volume will not display on component video, so this may be the issue.

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

Or if you are using cable direct to the TV you can rent a cable box and run it's outputs through the 1056 to the plasma.

Kevin D.

Comment

• frank1203
        • Apr 2006

Not sure I understand your answer.. The menu settings do display on Component 2 on my TV which is Video 2 on the RSX-1056. But for some reason, they are not being displayed on Component 1 on my TV which is Video 1 on the RSX-1056. I am now moving Component 1 and 2 on the TV to HDMI 1 and 2. Did I clear that up at all? Do I have any chance to make it work for TV?

Comment

• Kevin D
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2002

Since you are/were using component video for cable, then it has to be an HD cable box. In that case, no chance to get OSD on your TV while watching it.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"