? for rsx1056 owners with dvda/sacd players.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rick c
    • Aug 2004

? for rsx1056 owners with dvda/sacd players.

Those of you who have the rsx1056 with a dvd-a/sacd player how did you do the setup in the rsx1056.I understand that settings are done thru the dvda/sacd player but how about the receiver.I was looking at my receiver last nite and i beleive you need to go in the multi setup options but didnt see real settings for speakers or bass mgt.Maybe i missed it entirely.I even looked in the rsx1056 manual and no explanations.Or do i have this all wrong?Planning to get a good universal soon so i'm kind of looking to see what i need to do once i get the player.Sorry for winded post,hope someone can explain it to me.
  • gianni
    • Nov 2002

Yes, use the multi input. There is no crossover or other settings as this is an analog pass thru - no digital processing in the 1056. This is the idea with high rez if you have a good player for these formats. Some of the newer players have pretty good base management of their own and others are marginal with funky slopes and crossover points.

If like me, you do need base management, you will have to use a base mgmt. controller such as the Outlaw Audio or the M&K BMC mini. I use the mini for simplicity and the fact that I have M&K speakers. The Outlaw is also very good with more features but a bit more complicated although it sells for $100 less.
    (199 v 299)

I went with the M&K because it is the simplest cleanest design -- very similar to a speaker crossover. Audio Review I beieve, has a great review on the Outlaw unit on the website.

Comment

• rick c
      • Aug 2004

I take it then if i got a denon 2900? or marantz dv6500 i wouldnt need a base mgt controller correct?

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"