X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FSonicSmith
    • Feb 2005

RSX1056 Video Switching Card Bandwidth?

I'm not happy with the PQ I'm getting from satellite high def. My satellite receiver's output is going into my Rotel via component and is then going out from the Rotel into my front projector via component cable. Someone on another board (AVSforum) suggested that my problem may be my receiver. He contends that at some point during RSX1056 production the video switching card's bandwidth was increased from 10K to 100K and he claims he has an older RSX1056 that still has only 10K of bandwidth. Is this true? I purchased my 1056 new from a local retailer 3 months ago, but presumably it could still be an older unit that sat in the distributor's warehouse for a while. If true, does anyone know the approximate serial number at which point the upgrade was implemented? I guess I could test it empirically by re-routing the component feed direct from satellite receiver to PJ, but pulling components from my birds nest mess of a rack is a pain, and I'm a bit lazy.
  • Scherr
    • Dec 2003

The 1056 has always had 100K, more than enough bandwith to handle HDTV. Th 1055 and 1066 made the switch from the lower bandwith (10K) to the higher bandwith (100K) during their run.

Scott

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

Check and make sure the sat unit is set to output 1080 or 720 (whichever is best for your TV). Also make sure you're on an HD channel.

But as far as the 1056, if it's effecting the signal, something is broke..

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"