X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rick c
    • Aug 2004

Rotel rsx1056 2ch mode ?

On my rotel rsx1056 when listening to the tuner if i press 2ch on the remote i will get "bypass" which is fine.When i'm listening to cd's if i do the same 2ch i get "pcm".Now my cd player is connected both digital and analog to the receiver.I'm assuming i get "pcm" because the cd is set to digital in the default settings.Am i correct?Also would "pcm" be the same as "bypass".I really dont want to set the default on cd to analog since i play alot of "dts" cd's.How do you guys setup your cd player?
  • Kens1
    • Mar 2005

I use my dvd player for dts and dvd audio playback and have a seperate cd player that is hooked up analogue only so I always get bypass when I hit the 2 ch button. I would have to assume you get pcm because, as you said, you have both digital and analogue hooked up to the same source, but I'm not certain.
    I am also not certain if pcm means the same as bypass - maybe someone with the same hook up could help with this.

Comment

• alienone
      • Apr 2005

I think PCM is a digital format for music cd so if you are connected both to the analog and digital the RSX-1056 will atomatic switch ower to digital and use PCM I don't know if you can override that.

Comment

• soundhound
        • Mar 2004

In the main menu you can select "bypass" for mode if you tell it to use analog for inputs, otherwise you can select "stereo" if you tell it to use the digital in. The digital in will allow you to use you're sub for for stereo listening while the bypass doesn't allow for this. It's all a matter of what you want to hear. I have my denon dvd set to digital, and the rca cables (analog) from it going into cd (analog) so I can switch sources while playing a cd and there is a distinct difference. It's a good way to figure out with you're system, in you're enviroment which you prefer.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"