X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • orangeade
    • Jul 2009

RDV-1060 repair guide

Hello all. I've had my Rotel gear for approx. 4 years now and been very happy with it. My Rdv-1060 has always been a bit finicky but recently just crapped out. I've had it looked at and repair costs just aren't aren't worth it however don't really feel like tossing it out just yet. I've been told it's the laser assembly that needs to be replaced. I can probably source out the parts just need a repair guide if anyone knows of one to attempt and repair it myself. Not too concerned about messing it up as worst case scenario i'll just get a new dvd player however would like to make an honest attempt. If someone could post a link to a guide that I can follow or print out to disassemble and reassemble it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and great site by the way.
  • orangeade
    • Jul 2009

Actually, does anyone also know if parts are available for purchase directly from Rotel? I've been told the parts inside were of another company. I've drawn a blank as to which one but for some reason Panasonic is coming to mind.......

Comment

• Pierre Fouche
      • Feb 2006

Hi, check out this laser drive on ebay.com
      http://cgi.ebay.com/Philips-CDM4-CDM...A1%7C294%3A200.
      If above link does not work , seach by this item number: 290323379187
      Hope it helps
      Pierre
      "Do not critisice the Farmers with your mouth full of food"
      :eating:

Comment

• sirbogey
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by orangeade
        Hello all. I've had my Rotel gear for approx. 4 years now and been very happy with it. My Rdv-1060 has always been a bit finicky but recently just crapped out. I've had it looked at and repair costs just aren't aren't worth it however don't really feel like tossing it out just yet. I've been told it's the laser assembly that needs to be replaced. I can probably source out the parts just need a repair guide if anyone knows of one to attempt and repair it myself. Not too concerned about messing it up as worst case scenario i'll just get a new dvd player however would like to make an honest attempt. If someone could post a link to a guide that I can follow or print out to disassemble and reassemble it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and great site by the way.
        my laser assembly was replaced 3y ago as well and I've owned the 1060 for 5y. it's been in repairs twice.. I feel your pain.

ebay is your best bet... good luck!

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"