X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • adinfinitum
    • Apr 2006

Upgrade RCD971 to 1072 or repair 971

Hi all,

Have seen a few people here over the years have upgraded (?) from RCD971 to 1070, but nowhere are there any conclusions that I can find.

My problem is that my 971 is experiencing the laser faults that seemed to plague some of the Rotel CD players of that vintage. I haven't yet had an official quote but I suspect to repair it (if parts are still available) would cost at least 1/3 price of new 1070.

My question then is:

I know the 1072 is generally considered a great CD player for the money but is it appreciably better than the 971? Has anyone out there A/B the two. I am at present unable to properly compare as none of my local dealers stock 1072, only by order. The demos that I can hear are through different systems to mine so can't properly audition.

If the 1072 is same or only marginally/arguably better then I'll save a few hundred dollars and try to repair my 971 but can stretch to the price of a new 1072 if there will be a noticable difference.

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by adinfinitum; 21 May 2006, 20:06 Sunday.
    http://www.couchpotatosolutions.com.au/
  • chinets
    • Jun 2005

Adinfinitum,
    I have both ,and yo my ears they sound the same. Fix your 971 and you'll be more than happy. I love the 1072 look over the 971, but in the quality of sound,well, to me, they sound the same and very hard to differentiate.
    Good Luck,
    Chinets

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"