X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Opus007
    • Nov 2007

Rsp 1069 What am I missing here?

When I have my cd player hooked up via digital coax or optical the display says pcm 2 channel on the 1069.Only when using analog connects do I get stereo on the display(Or Bypass).Can someone explain this to me.I thought pcm meant the decoding was done in the player.By getting pcm 2 channel am I bypassing the the 1069 DACs?Thanks.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

PCM is a digital signal. Decoding is converting digital to analog. So for the player to do the decoding you would have to use the analog outputs. Any digital output and the 1069 will do the decoding.

PCM 2ch is digital stereo. Stereo via analog digitizes the signal and runs it through the bass management system. Bypass via analog doesn't do anything to the analog signal and routes it only through the volume control.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Opus007
      • Nov 2007

Thanks Kevin for clearing that up for me.I was using the analog outs on my cd player and also bypass but it sounded just a tad too bright so decided to try the digital outputs and it toned it down just to where it is really smooth.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"