X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tdt00
    • Dec 2008

General questions for Rotel rsx-1055

Hi all rotel members,
    I am new to this forum and rotel home theater products as well. I'm interested in buying a used rotel rsx-1055 to push my dynaudio speakers. I'd like to know what are the differences between version 1 and version 2 firmware? I'm planning to use the receiver for music and DVDs, will this receiver do the jobs? Thanks for all your help.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

The only difference is some low-level components on the board changed required a different run of firmware. Both have the same updates and both units will function equally. They are not compatible with each other and you will not gain anything trying to find a 2.xx unit.

There was however a difference in the 1055's component video board. Early units would choke HD resolutions (not enough bandwidth). All 2.xx units will have the newer component video board, but a 1.xx unit does not mean the old board. The only way to tell is to get the serial number and call Rotel.

That said, the 1056 added a bunch of nice features over the 1055. I would recommend trying to get one of those if you can.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"