X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hal
    • Jul 2003

Rotel RSX1055 8 ohm only?

The back panel of the unit indicates that speaker impedance should not be less than 8 ohms. I had high hopes of driving my KEF 104/2 speakers (nominal 4 ohms). Other Rotel units (e.g., the RB1050 power amp) drive these speakers effortlessly. I'd hate to have to consider the extra $$$ for the RSX1065 just for this reason -- the 1055 has more than enough power for the KEF's.
  • shrtmn
    • Jul 2003

I was wondering the same thing and then noticed that Rotel has updated their FAQ on the 1055 to state that 4Ohm speakers are allowed:

Rotel support is where you will find information about warranty registration, service, software downloads, owner’s manuals and product archives.

For the record, I'm considering the 1055 to power Totem Arro's that drop to 4 Ohms... or possibly the Sttaf's rated at 8ohms.

Comment

• Matt Sprouls
      • Apr 2003

I did some listening to Thiel 2.4, 1.6, and MCS1 all 4 ohms.

The 1055 did just fine, but I was not in any danger of ear damage either.

Matt
      Regards,
      Matt

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Rotel's told me that the all their receivers and amplifiers will have no problems with a 4 ohm load and I've run my mains of it which are a rather difficult load but the 1055 didn't have any problem at all with them.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"