X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aven
    • Sep 2005

RSX 1055 Questions

Hi All...

I have the opportunity to purchase a used RSX 1055 for $575 or so, which seems like a fair price. My overall goal is to have a 5.1 system made up of my B&W cdmnt series speakers a Rotel reciever and dvd player... My questions are:

1) What are the advantages of the 1056 over the 1055 (The 1057 is out of my price range)...

2) Are their any HD problems using a 1055?

3) Anyone have any experience with this unit???

Thanks in advance!

A
  • pramod
    • Dec 2005

Hi There Aven,

I'm using this unit for the past 2 years and it is an awsome unit with an excelent stereo. well 1056 is better then 1055 as they have done a major upgrade in the frimware etc (I guess) as I read on this very forum, may be some one else can speak on this with the comparision.well thats good prise for that.

Comment

• sirbogey
      • Mar 2006

Aven, I've owned the 1055 for almost 5 years and the receiver ran smoothly; eventually I parted with the unit couple of months ago. You can download the software from Rotel.com and upgrade the firmware yourself. It takes only like 15mins, even if you do it for the first time. After the upgrade the 1055 and 1056 should be the same in terms of the firmware. I've never used it for HD, but the 1055 comes with component plugs, so why not giving it a try, especially for this price tag. I don't think you will have a problem. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"