X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • artv4
    • Jun 2007

Recieved My Rotel RSX-1056 Today!!!!!

i previously owned the rotel rsx-1055 before i picked up my rotel rsx-1056 off of audiogon. i have to say what a difference in sound quality. i am not sure what is the same/different from the two pieces of gear but what a difference!!!! i am in total shock, i am so glad i picked it up. now, i need some help from my fellow rotel club. there is an option of two that is quite new to me compared to the rsx-1055 that is confusing me. in the base management section you are able to set the crossover points. this is fine, though there is an advanced menu which lets you set he points for each speaker section, which is cool : . now my question is, when i set up the menu in the advance menu, does this override the previous menu on the osd? also, what type of difference does using the contour option make on the 1056? please help me understand!!!!! and of course, GO ROTEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;x(
    GO Revel!!!!! (powered by ;x( Anthem)
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Yes, the advanced page over-rides the regular page. The advanced page is the only place to change the crossover point, so that really doesn't over-ride anything. The large/small selection is just over-ridden for the sound type selected.

So if you want no sub for stereo, set the fronts to LARGE in the advanced menu under STEREO.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Dmantis
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jun 2004

Exciting. I kinda wish HD dvd and Blue ray never came around. ( I got my reasons)

Good luck with her , shes a good one.

Comment

• Azeke
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2003

I have the contour option which I love on the Rotel RSP-1098. It simply allows you to control the High and Low frequency of each speaker pair in your configuration. Just be careful that you don't over compensate. Enjoy your toy.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• dthree
          • Feb 2007

If i have edited crossover points on the advanced menu, how can I cancel out these settings and get back to using the subwoofer setup to determine the crossover point?

Comment

• Kevin D
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2002

Originally posted by dthree
            If i have edited crossover points on the advanced menu, how can I cancel out these settings and get back to using the subwoofer setup to determine the crossover point?
            The sub setup menu is the crossover for just the sub. If you want them all equal, you have to set every speaker in the advanced pages to what your subwoofer is set to. It's designed this way to allow an overlap or a dip in the bass frequencies.

Kevin D.

Comment

• dthree
              • Feb 2007

Thats not what the manual says. On p39, it says "Typically, the RSX-1056 uses a single master setting for the high-pass and low-pass crossover point between all the SMALL speakers and the subwoofer. This master crossover point is set on the SUBWOOFER SETUP menu described in the following section." Since i had edited individual crossover points, I was just trying to find a way to get it back to using the sub crossover point for all speakers.

Comment

• rick c
                • Aug 2004

I'm not home right now so bear with me.You can set each set of speakers individually.Ex i have my fronts to 60,center to 60/80?,surrounds to 80 and my sub to 80.Whats really neat is the ability to set large or small for music,dolby,stereo etc.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"