X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zac108au
    • May 2005

Connecting up Xbox 360

Can someone please help me? I have a Rotel RSX-1067 amp, a RDV-1060 dvd player, a Infocus Screenplay 4805 and a Pioneer dvd recorder and I am wanting to connect my Xbox 360 to the system, does anybody know how?

I have video 1, 2, and 3 outputs all being used.

I'm a novice so simplified suggestions would be great :P

Cheers
    Zac
    Last edited by zac108au; 25 October 2006, 10:16 Wednesday. Reason: Added info
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

Originally posted by zac108au
    Can someone please help me? I have a Rotel RSX-1067 amp, a RDV-1060 dvd player, a Infocus Screenplay 4805 and a Pioneer dvd recorder and I am wanting to connect my Xbox 360 to the system, does anybody know how?

I have video 1, 2, and 3 outputs all being used.

I'm a novice so simplified suggestions would be great :P

Cheers
    Zac
    1. On the cable that goes the the Xbox 360 there is a small switch..make sure its switched to HDTV

2. Plug an optical digital cable into the same 360 plug that has that switch in step one and the other end into an input on your 1067

3. plug your component cables from the 360 either into your 4085 or into your 1067 (depending if you use your 1067 as a video switcher).

4. go into the dashboard of the 360 and make sure the video is switched to 720p or 1080i and the audio is set to dolby digital

5. go into the OSD of the 1067 to lable and assign the input of the 360 which may or may not include assigning the video input if you decide to run the video through the 1067 or not

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

If you are switching video and video 1-3 are all component video connection all ready, then you are out of component inputs and will need to run the 360 direct to the screenplay. If one of those inputs are not using component, the easiest way is to move that one to video 4 or 5.

Kevin D.

Comment

• zac108au
        • May 2005

Thanks for your advice guys, I will give it a shot tonight.

Cheers
        Zac

Comment

• Woo Wooooo
          • May 2004

need more inputs???

get one of these and it comes with a remote...not bad for 99 bucks....that's like 99 frostys. :P

Comment

• Robosapien
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Woo Wooooo
            get one of these and it comes with a remote...not bad for 99 bucks....that's like 99 frostys. :P

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Psycl...oductDetail.do
            3 months warranty...hmmm

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"