X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jamil
    • Dec 2003

Routing video signal (component) via RSX-1067

Folks,

I recently acquired a Rotel RSX-1067 receiver and hooked up my DVD player and ERA design satellite speakers with it. The sound is awesome but I am wondering if most of the owners of this receiver route their video signal (especially component) through it as well. Basically, was there a definite gain in the picture quality when the receivers video switching was used? Thanks in advance to any insight which I can get before I purchase another set of component cables.

--
    Regards
    Nasser
  • foeth
    • Apr 2006

I do not notice any improvement by routing it through the 1068, but it is convenient as a switcher. You could just as well direct the DVD directly to the screen. If you have 3 75ohm cables, you could just give it a try.

Comment

• Rob Baker
      • Apr 2006

There is no gain in picture quality by routing your DVD by component video switching, if anything you would lose qualitly by running your video through the receiver via component. Really if you have other units with component output, using the 1068 as a switch just allows you to run one component cable to your tv. i would personally run you dvd direct to the source...your tv. Leave the rotel to just deal with sound. But thats just me.

Rob.

Comment

• Audiophiliac
        • Apr 2006

I always run my video sources directly to the display unless forced otherwise. IT allows more flexibility in calibration, and bypasses potential for added noise (via a poor switcher...not rotel in this case).

Comment

• Jamil
          • Dec 2003

Thank you all for responding. It is appreciated.

--
          Nasser

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"