X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bleeding ears
    • Nov 2004

Latest software/hardware version for 1068

Hi guys, I am interested to know what the latest version of software or hardware is for the rsp1068 processor.

I currently have version V1.2.5 -051026 displayed on the panel when I push and hold the mute button.

Anyone know if this is the latest version ? for Australia.

Im not sure if the display shows the hardware or the software, perhaps someone could explain this to me also?

Any info would be helpful for the uneducated. (me)

Thanks
    Last edited by bleeding ears; 06 October 2006, 06:47 Friday.
  • mjb
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

That seems newer than the 1.2.2 update they have on their website (http://www.rotel.com/support/techups/techup-H22.htm), so it probably is the very latest.
    - Mike

Main System:
    B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
    Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• David L.
      • Jul 2006

I recently had my RSP 1068 in for service. While there, they installed the latest software update which is 1.2.5. I was told it isn't on the Rotel website yet.
      Last edited by David L.; 06 October 2006, 12:28 Friday.

Comment

• bleeding ears
        • Nov 2004

David L, any idea what the changes are over the previous version ?

Comment

• David L.
          • Jul 2006

Originally posted by bleeding ears
          David L, any idea what the changes are over the previous version ?
          This was the first Rotel product that I bought, which was used. The software it had when I purchased it was 1.1.7. What the difference is between the previous versions and the newest one, I haven't a clue.

Rotel sent me an email with the latest software update (1.2.5) link but its a .bin file. Not being computer literate, I didn't know how to open it so when the RSP-1068 went in for service they installed the latest update for me. I still have the email if someone wants to tell me how to open a .bin file and post it. Then anyone who wants the update can get it.

Comment

• bleeding ears
            • Nov 2004

LOL, thanks David, unfortunately I know nothing about this stuff either, LOL.

I am sure some of the guys here know all about this stuff and would be able to assist if necessary.

I am sure Rotel will soon get around to updating the info on the web site, it just looks like we may have been the first to get the newer version.

Anyone with any more info is welcome to join in here !

Thanks

Comment

• Blindamood
              • Sep 2003

Okay, wrote to Rotel tech support yesterday, and the also sent me the v1.2.5 update (.bin) file. Along with the .bin file is a PDF that lists the updates for each of the releases. I am attaching the PDF for your reference. He (Shane Kea) also told me he has requested that the update be posted to the Rotel web site, so hopefully it will show up there soon.

I'm assuming that upgrade instructions from the 1.2.2 firmware release will also apply to this one. So, you can probably get them from the Rotel web site now.
              Attached Files
              Brad

Comment

• Blindamood
                • Sep 2003

Found my instructions from the previous upgrade (but they're too large to post here). So, again, just download the 1.2.2 update, which includes the update software as well as the .bin file, and see step #14, where the .bin file is selected. In this step, I assume you would just select the .bin file distributed for 1.2.5.

Edit (10/7): Uploaded 1.2.5 update .bin file in .zip format.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Blindamood; 07 October 2006, 17:59 Saturday.
                Brad

Comment

• Regnad
                  • Jul 2004

Perhaps you could upload the .BIN file by changing its extension (perhaps to ZIP?) and noting the change? I would sure appreciate it.

Thanks...

Comment

• Blindamood
                    • Sep 2003

Done! See updated post above.
                    Brad

Comment

• Regnad
                      • Jul 2004

Thanks!

Comment

• bleeding ears
                        • Nov 2004

Great stuff guys, thanks for the info.

Once again club rotel members come up with the answers :T

Comment

• Blindamood
                          • Sep 2003

Finally got around to upgrading yesterday (to 1.2.5). Not sure it provides anything that I really needed, but I like to stay up with the latest release. Used instructions and terminal software provided with the 1.2.2 upgrade.

Did not disconnect all of my cables, and seemed to go fine. Thanks to others for pointing this out. Removing cables is definitely the most annoying (and time-consuming) part of the deal.

Now, about the progressive OSD setting...I only connect to the TV via component video, so resetting to the processor's defaults always makes my OSD go away (i.e., progressive set back to 'off'). I had to 'feel' my way through the various options until finally reaching the right one.

I was also equipped with all of my current settings before resetting...probably the most important step to remember.
                          Brad

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"