X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SiliGoose
    • Aug 2000

Anthem AVM-20 version 2.0

After a very long wait (though shorter than the wait B&K owners have been subjected to) the Anthem AVM-20 hardware & software upgrade is now available.

The upgrade adds the following to the pre/pro:

ADDITIONAL SURROUND SOUND MODES

Introducing the AVM 20 v2.0
    We are very pleased to announce the launch of the AVM 20 v2.0 with the new 56367 DSP Board and v2.00 software. The AVM 20 v2.0 adds the following features to the current AVM 20:

Additional Surround Sound Modes

AnthemLogic-Music Anthem's proprietary music surround mode expands the stereo soundstage up to 6.1 channels of output without any loss of sonic purity. (No center channel.)

AnthemLogic-Cinema Anthem's proprietary movie mode lets you experience 7.1 channels of full-impact HT from any stereo analog source (VCR, TV) or any DD-2.0 source (SAT, DVD).

Dolby Pro Logic II Music Can be used with stereo music to create 5.1 channels of output.

Dolby Pro Logic II Movie Next-generation decoding for improved spatiality and directionality.

Dolby Digital EX Decodes the rear channel information on DD-5.1 EX material.

DTS Neo:6 Music Can be used with stereo music material to create 6.1 channels of output.

DTS Neo:6 Cinema 6.1 matrix decoder that can be used with all matrix-encoded movies.

DTS-ES Matrix The AVM 20 will automatically engage DTS Neo:6 to decode DTS-ES Matrix 6.1.
    DTS Neo:6 can also be applied to DTS-5.1 material that is not DTS-ES Matrix encoded.

DTS-ES Discrete The AVM 20 will automatically engage DTS-ES Discrete to decode 6.1 channels.

THX Ultra2/THX Surround EX The AVM 20 now includes four optional THX surround modes
    THX Cinema, THX Ultra2 Cinema, THX MusicMode and THX Surround EX.

With the addition of all of the these new surround modes we have deleted all other 'Effects' modes (i.e., Church, Hall, Club, Theater and Stadium) that were in the previous AVM 20.

SPEAKER CONFIGURATION

Advanced Settings: The AVM 20 v2.0 provides greater flexibility in tailoring Crossover Frequency settings. Now you can select a crossover point for each speaker group and subwoofer. You can also optimize subwoofer bass performance by making precise Phase and Polarity adjustments.

THX Audio Setup: Allows you to adjust 'rear' speaker spacing in a 7.1 setup to ensure an optimal surround soundfield when applying THX modes. Includes Boundary Gain Compensation to improve bass balance in rooms where subwoofer placement causes a 'boomy' quality of bass
    AnthemLogic replaces the previous 'CinemaLogic'. The new crossover options (per speaker group rather than global) is great too. Hope to get my hardware upgrade soon.

All units with a serial number below 121167 require a hardware upgrade (daughter board installation). Units with a higher serial number only require a software download (available from Anthem's website).

-Sili
    www.campmurphy.net
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

It's great to see you guys with upgradable equipment, getting what you payed for. I hope this is the way of the future! Congrats :!:

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• SiliGoose
      • Aug 2000

You're right, it is nice to see companies doing what they promised.

There is now an amazing degree of flexibility in the crossovers. They are now separate by speaker and the range is 25-160Hz with a 5Hz increment instead of the previous 40-160Hz and 10Hz increment.

-Sili
      www.campmurphy.net

Comment

• Brandon B
        Super Senior Member
        • Jun 2001

XO by speaker group.

Crap. There went the only reason (well, besides price) that I went with Outlaw.

BB

Comment

• John Holmes
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

That is an extremely flexible xo! Not too shabby at all.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
          "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Lex
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Apr 2001

That is cool crossover flexibility, and previously, I think maybe only available from the likes of Meridian that had 1 Hz increments, or some such. Of course, there could be others.

Lex
            Doug
            "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"