X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vicente
    • May 2004

Latest software versions for RDV-1060 & RSX-1056

I just got to know that my 1060 software version is 211. Is this the latest one available?.

I'd like to know also how to get the software version of the rsx-1056 and wich one is the latest.

Thanks. Regards
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

You'll find the latest firmware on Rotel's website here

Comment

• Spurt
      • Apr 2004

for the rsx 1056 it should be 1.1.7 but you can't download it.

Comment

• Vicente
        • May 2004

Thanks Andrew and Spurt. I checked the site you mentioned (North America) and I found that the latest version for rsx-1056 is 1.1.7 but in the European site is 1.1.4. that is the one I have in my unit. (I found: press mute for more than five seconds)

Can we use in Europe the american version? Or maybe something will then not be working here?.

For the rdv-1060 I also read the post by Kevin D, so there should be a new release. Which is the number? Do we necesarily have to send back the unit to Rotel to update it?
        Do in Rotel Europe know about this?

Thanks.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

I just checked with Rotel of Europe and they're going to fix the site shortly to provide the 1.1.7 code so either wait for that to show up or just download it from the link above (its the same code)

Comment

• triDave
            • Dec 2003

Can't Find any updates for RDV-1060

I feel quite stupid, I cannot find any updates for RDV-1060, even though I follow your link.

Dave

Comment

• Vicente
              • May 2004

I can't find either any new software release for rdv-1060 (mine is 2.1.1). On a post reply by Olaf on 05-15-2004 he said that he is using version 2.1.2 that seems to correct the many bugs I find on my 1060.

I'll post a new thread explaining my problems but I'd like to know if that latest version exists and if it is possible to get it somewere.

Regards

Vicente

Comment

• Olaf
                • Nov 2003

Dear Vincente,

The 2.1.2 release refers to the RSP-1098 and not to the RDV-1060.

Regards,
                Olaf

Comment

• Vicente
                  • May 2004

Thanks Olaf. Now I don't really know which is the software version I have in my 1060. If you read all it says:

- Code ver 211
                  - 26.2.2004 HANEX VER 1.2 EUR
                  - Pic ver 2.7

I guess the firmware version is 2.1.1 but if someone could confirm it would be appreciated.

Regards

Vicente

Comment

• timeslip
                    • Mar 2004

Does anyone have the release notes for 1.1.7? Any idea what changes?
                    --=timeslip=--

Comment

• GosonFletchy
                      • May 2004

You can download the release notes for the software at the same area you get the actual software at, but here they are for the RSX-1056/1067; RSP-1068 (since they all share the same software).

V1.1.0 to V1.1.1
                      - Corrected some terms for the Italian and German languages.
                      V1.1.1 to V1.1.2
                      - Corrected some terms on the Speaker Display.
                      V1.1.2 to V1.1.3
                      - Added Dolby Pro Logic IIx format.
                      - Changed contour setting to make any contour adjustments made via the Tone
                      button on the remote a temporary adjustment. Permanent contour
                      adjustments can be made via the Contour menu on the OSD.
                      V1.1.3 to V1.1.4
                      - Improved 12 volt trigger assignment to allow fully independent 12V operation
                      with both main and second zones. Refer to the Technical Updates section for
                      more details on this.
                      - Level adjustment of PLIIx surround center back levels.
                      V1.1.4 to V1.1.5
                      - Adjusted the output levels in Dolby 3 Stereo mode
                      V1.1.5 to V1.1.7
                      - Corrected a discrepancy between the front display and the OSD when
                      displaying the Dolby Digital 2CH mode.
                      - Corrected the Dolby Digital EX flag indication when using RS232.
                      - Changed the default surround mode method to remember the last used
                      surround mode by disc type - i.e. separate default modes now available for
                      Dolby Digital and DTS. The exceptions to this are auto-detected surround
                      modes such as DD EX and DTS ES discs.
                      - Corrected a bug causing no progressive video passthrough on initial powerup
                      when OSD is set to off.

Hope that helps you.

G.

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"