X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • voxy
    • Jan 2005

RMB 1075 @ 4ohms

Hi all, I am planning to change my speakers to Sonus Faber Domus GP series. Do you think if the 1075 can handle the speakers. The SF dips to ~3.5ohms lowest base on Sterophile 's measurement. Thanks.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Shouldn't have a problem running them, plus you'll be getting plenty of power out of it at 4ohm.

Kevin D.

Comment

• voxy
      • Jan 2005

Thank you the reply. Just wondering if anyone uses this amp to drive 4ohms load and if there are any issues.

If Rotel puts out a higher powered ICE amp, I would jump ship immediately. Anyone knows if this ever gonna come?

Comment

• Rael
        • Oct 2005

My 1075 powers my Linn Ninka speakers, which are 4 ohm speakers. I've never had an issue. I seldom play music really loud, but when I do, I detect no sense of congealing.

Comment

• gianni
          • Nov 2002

As a point of reference, I have used a Rotel receiver to drive 4 ohm speakers with similar dips to the mid 3's. It handled the load well. I'm sure if the receiver can handle this, the more robust 1075 will have no problem at all. Rotel tends to use good power supplies in most all of their products.

Comment

• Jraducha
            • Aug 2004

I use a rotel 1067 and 4ohm Dynaudio speakers and my rotel works great!

Comment

• voxy
              • Jan 2005

wow, it seems there is no issue at all. :T

I will now go for those speakers...

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"