X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oakleyguy68
    • Mar 2003

RMB 1075/RMB 1066 Future Plans

I would like to get some thoughts on the change over of my system. I purchased a RB 1070 about a month ago, and I am looking to switch over to separates in the next couple months. My current system is:

Denon 3802 (will be upgarded)
    RB 1070 powering the fronts
    Toshiba SD 9200 DVD
    Denon DCM 370 CD player (will be upgraded)
    Comcast digital cable
    Klipsch Reference series (possible upgrade)
    Xbox

The system is used as follows:

30% 2 channel music
    35% DVD movie viewing
    40% Cable viewing
    5% Xbox gaming

I am now looking to purchase a multi channel amp. I have narrowed it down to either an RMB 1075, and the amplification upgrade will be finished. Or purchase an RMB 1066 powering the center channel in a bridged configuration and the surrounds (all four) at 60W. Then purchase another RB 1070, and change to the following configuration the front and center bridged on the RMB 1066 with the two RB 1070 powering the surrounds.

Any input would be appreciated. Mostly based on should I keep it simple and get the RMB 1075, or is the second option overally complicated? Will I get better integration by combining the fronts and center on one Amp? Or, is it better to keep the fronts sperated from the other speakers for better 2 channel music?

Thanks,

Larry
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Well, a 1066 is a lower quality amp than a 1075 as it's mainly designed for multiroom use. Also keep in mind that when you bridge the 1066, it's stable ohm load goes up. I can guarantee you that a 1066 bridged will shut down way before a 1075 will.. That said, the simplicity would be enough for me to go with the 1075..

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"