Rotel RSP1066 wont switch on via remote, also losing settings?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KrisKeen
    • Sep 2006

Rotel RSP1066 wont switch on via remote, also losing settings?

hi Guys

my much cared for Rotel rsp1066 which gets minimal use now wont switch on via the ON button on the supplied remote, I need to switch it on manually. Further when I update the OSD with Input names and switch the unit off, the names disappear. This never used to happen..

Any ideas? Should I take it into my dealer?

thanks
  • Danbry39
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2002

Kris,

Kind of a stab in the dark, so please forgive my fading memory if it is.

I used to own the same pre/pro, but that was a few years back and I might be confusing it with another piece of gear. But, if not, can the 1066 be put in sleep mode as well as on/off. If so, the remote control might only work on either putting it in and out of sleep mode or on and off. You might want to try putting it on sleep on the main unit, then seeing if the remote works to get it in and out of sleep. If that doesn't work, try turning it on at the main unit and seeing if the remote turns it on and off.

As I said, I might well be mixing it up with another unit I owned, but, at least on one of them, the remote was limited in this fashion.
    Keith

Comment

• KrisKeen
      • Sep 2006

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the reply. It does have a sleep mode, but they call it standby. The amp/processor contuinally gets power but the red standby light on both the 1075 and 1066 goes on. Then, usually, I press ON using the remote and it switches the 1066 on and then using the 12V trigger Ive always used, switches on the 1075 Amp also.

This no longer works, basically I need to physically press the 1066 power button off, then on to trigger it all on.

Further to this, the 1066 has now just started losing its Input labels and so on, very strange.

Comment

• Danbry39
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Sep 2002

Sorry it didn't work, Kris.

Well, hopefully someone more in the know will chime in.

If not, you might try giving Rotel a call. They've been pretty helpful to me in the past.
        Keith

Comment

• KrisKeen
          • Sep 2006

Well, stupid me! I've replaced the batteries in the remote and its all working

The remote chews batteries VERY often

Comment

• wkhanna
            Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2006

Another case of the simplest answer being the correct one!
            As recent owner of a 1066, I can attest to the remote using up normal batteries quickly. In the 9 months I've had mine, I'm on my third set.
            Actually, I'm going to get a set of rechargeables, same as I use in my digital cam.

Just glad you got it figured out!
            _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
            ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• KrisKeen
              • Sep 2006

DOH! I spoke to soon

Again, the ON button and now just about all buttons are failing. Strange thing is, the green back light remote is working fine so theres power - I suspect my Remote my be faulty.

Anyone know the warranty period on the 1066?

Thanks!

Comment

• Kevin D
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Oct 2002

5 years if you are the original buyer, but contact Rotel and they will usually help you out.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"