X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • I'mListening
    • Jul 2003

RSP-1066 and Device Switching?

Hello, I am new here and a pround new owner of a RSP-1066 and RMB-1075.

I have a question about the 1066 Remote's ability to change from one device to another.

Can I switch, say from a currently selected device like DVD to CD, WITHOUT having to access the OSD and manually scrolling it in?

I have read the manuals to BOTH the remote and processor many times, but really no reference to device switching except for selecting it on the RSP-1066 Panel Face OR by accessing the OSD.

The only possibility I see is if I program the Learning Remote to recoginize my DVD player, CD player, etc. and then if I select DVD it will automatically switch to that component. Subsequently, then if I choose the CD it will automatically switch to the CD Player.

What I want to do is this: Be watching my DVD (V1) player on the projector screen then quickly switch over to the XBOX (V2) by simply pressing one button via the RSP-1066 Remote Controller.

Help me out folks.

Thanks for reading!

Enter The Cyberdyne Cinema

Darren
    Thanks for reading!

Darren
  • danam
    • Jul 2003

Hi, did you try with the lowest part of your remote. you need to slide down the down part and you should be able to select your source : CD / DVD / TAPE / VID1 / VID2 / VID3 ...

I admit it's not really handy ..., they should have put these direct sources access on the main part of the remote ...

Hope it helps !

Enjoy !

Olivier

Comment

• Danbry39
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Sep 2002

Danam hits the nail on the head. Just slide the lower part of the lid down and press the key for the component you want to switch to. I have the ones I use memorized so that I can do it with the room darkened.

By the way, welcome to Club Rotel.

:^x

Keith
      Keith

Comment

• I'mListening
        • Jul 2003

{I'mListening shamefully enters Club Rotel pleading for forgiveness of his ingorance :loser: arty: }

I finally figured this one out after finding a small blurb in the manual this morning. I am programming our ProntoPRO Remote to handle all the features of our theater, and I just need to play with the Rotel remote to find the MOST used functions so that I can add them to the ProntoPRO and finish editing the macro commands.

This forum is quite AWESOME!

For those interested you can view our home theater here at CYBERDYNE CINEMA

Thanks for reading!

Darren
        Thanks for reading!

Darren

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"