RSP-1068 - Can I switch video input "on-the-fly"?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blindamood
    • Sep 2003

RSP-1068 - Can I switch video input "on-the-fly"?

Does anyone know of a way (via the remote) to switch the current video input without first going to the OSD?

For example, while I'm listening to SACD/DVD-Audio, I'm using the Ext mode (multi-channel analogs). I have set this--via the OSD--to show Video2 (HDTV) by default; however, I periodically want to switch over to Video1 (DVD) to see the menu for the disc I'm listening to. Is there a way to do this without first displaying the OSD?
    Brad
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

Yes, if I understand your question correctly, you would hold down the Video One button for approximately 2 seconds, it should switch you to the appropriate input.

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• Blindamood
      • Sep 2003

I believe this would switch both the audio and video selection, though, right? I want to leave the audio on Ext, but switch only the video source.
      Brad

Comment

• Bostonears
        • Mar 2004

I'm not sure if you can do this with the multi input, but it works for the other inputs. You could set up another video input device for example Video3, with the multichannel audio input and the DVD video. I do this with my cable TV box using both the optical and coax digital inputs, and can switch back and forth showing the same video. I have a normal input set up for watching cable TV, then I have a different input setup for listening to the Music Choice channels (digital music on cable TV) using different audio settings.

Comment

• dermie999
          • Jul 2004

Bostonears is correct. However if you want flexibility on the audio input (ie for the audio to remain unchanged when you switch video inputs) then I don't believe this is possible without reversion to the OSD.

Trevor

Comment

• Blindamood
            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Bostonears
            I'm not sure if you can do this with the multi input, but it works for the other inputs. You could set up another video input device for example Video3, with the multichannel audio input and the DVD video. I do this with my cable TV box using both the optical and coax digital inputs, and can switch back and forth showing the same video. I have a normal input set up for watching cable TV, then I have a different input setup for listening to the Music Choice channels (digital music on cable TV) using different audio settings.
            Thanks for the suggestion; sounds like a good concept. I'll have to check to see if this can be done with the multi inputs.
            Brad

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"