X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • slowrey
    • Aug 2006

Panamax 5300ex vs. Rotel RLC-1040?

Okay I need a new line conditioner and I already have a Panamax in the living room. I have been thinking about moving the Panamax to the bedroom and buying the Rotel for the living room. I see the advantage of the Rotel is that it does Voltage Regulating. Am I correct on saying this?

Which would be a better choice?
    ____

Sean
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Just double-checked and per my other post, yes the 1040 does real time voltage regulation.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Dmantis
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jun 2004

Panamax has been doing it for a very long time. There very good at it. Rotel just got into the game but that doesn't mean there not good at it.

The 2 units you want to use, post the spec's and I bet we can help. Rotel makes very nice everything and I can't see going wrong with them, same with Panamax.

I own the Panamax M5500ex and I love it.

Dan

Comment

• AM4966
        • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Dmantis
        Panamax has been doing it for a very long time. There very good at it. Rotel just got into the game but that doesn't mean there not good at it.

The 2 units you want to use, post the spec's and I bet we can help. Rotel makes very nice everything and I can't see going wrong with them, same with Panamax.

Dan
        If I am not mistaken the Rotel is basically a APC 15 that has Rotel Skin

AM

Comment

• slowrey
          • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Dmantis

Dan
          Well I realize Panamax is good however APCC isn't anything to cough at either. I have a hard time believing that Panamax is far superior to APCC when it comes to line conditioning, voltage regulation etc. Maybe I'm wrong.
          ____

Sean

Comment

• shadow
            • Dec 2003

I doubt there is any measurable difference in the choices mentioned here. Get the least expensive one or the Rotel if you need the cosmetic continuity.

Comment

• aud19
              Twin Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2003

Panamax and APC/Rotel are both good units but I'll always recommend APC products from the good history I've had with their computer and HT products :T As a bonus the APC/Rotel does the voltage regulation you mentioned as well.
              Jason

Comment

• slowrey
                • Aug 2006

Well quite honestly I think they were just trying to sell me a Panamax and a Richard Grey.

I'm going to buy a Rotel when I get back off of my business trip.
                ____

Sean

Comment

• aud19
                  Twin Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2003

Originally posted by slowrey
                  Well quite honestly I think they were just trying to sell me a Panamax and a Richard Grey.

I'm going to buy a Rotel when I get back off of my business trip.
                  Richard Grey does make nice gear but to get the same features albiet at an equal or higher quality, you'll have to spend a LOT more money on seperate components.
                  Jason

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"