X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hotwheels
    • Jul 2005

Rsx 1056 hookup two subs?

Is it possible to hook up two subwoofers to the RSX1056? I am going to get two subs primarily for HT use, but I am also thinking of using them for music too. If it is possible to hook up two, are the connections the same for HT or music?
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Define two. There's two outputs for subwoofers, but they will play the same information. You will use the same outputs for both music and HT as the crossover's can be set different depending upon what mode you are in.

What you can't have is one output for HT and another for music.

Kevin D.

Comment

• hotwheels
      • Jul 2005

I see the confusion. I meant to write, "If it is possible to hook up two subwoofers to the receiver, then would there be a different connection for HT and music?" I am interpreting your response as indicating that the hook up for HT and music is the same, but the cross overs can be set differently?

Thanks!

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

Well, the crossover's can be turned on and off for each mode. IE, for HT you can have all your speakers set to small and all the bass routed to the sub. For music you can have all your speakers set to large and only LFE (.1) information sent to the sub.

You also have independent sub volume for different sound modes as well.

Kevin D.

Comment

• hotwheels
          • Jul 2005

Thanks again .... I know there are two subwoofer preamp outputs that I assume I use one each for the subs I plan to get. Then I just need to uderstand more about how to control the bass output for HT and music. Back to the manual!!

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"