Next Build Idea subjective input requested Upgrading two channel hi fi Mark k 2-way

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Josh88
    • Apr 2017

Next Build Idea subjective input requested Upgrading two channel hi fi Mark k 2-way

I have been happily listening to a pair of Mark k RS 28/225 two ways for about 8 years and I am ready for an upgrade. I have read through a bunch of subjective threads looking for comparisons of the mark k design compared to others. There doesn't seem to be much out there other than a couple guys that had both the modulas and the mark k two-ways. Anybody else have them and compare them to the current standards. I am most interested in the sunflowers and the Finalists. Both seem to match the type of listening I perfer which is mainly two channel music. I listen mainly to Jazz and modern folk music so the midrange and spacial imaging is my highest priority for my build. I look forward to your input. Thanks and btw. My room is 16x17wide and very well damped at the first reflection and the back wall. Additionally, I have been using a single dayton 265hf for my low end reinforcement. Which has been adequete for what I am currently doing. I still have a pair of dayton 15 ho's in an opposed sealed cabinet if I wanna make the system more home theater orientated.
  • Josh88
    • Apr 2017

Anybody? I think I might just build the Zaph ZRT 2.5. Seems like a for sure improvement over the dayton two-way mark designed.

Comment

• DigitalMaven
      • Feb 2017

How much do you want to spend?
      What type of speaker setup do you want? Two way, three way, MTM, MTMWW etc...
      What type of woofers and tweeters...paper, metal, ceramic, berylium tweeter, AMT tweeter, softdome etc...
      No one can give you suggestions unless you kind of know what you want to do

Comment

• Josh88
        • Apr 2017

Budget 1500 for drivers and crossover. I've been looking more and more into either a Revalator woofer or the Satori. Could be as small as a 5" 2-way design I'm thinking. I've been listening to the rs28a for a long time and would like to stay near it's sound signature. Another budget option could be to build the zd5 monitors and add two active dayton rs225 bass bins. I have those parts sitting in my attic, just haven't felt motivated to mess with anything for a long time. I definitely know that my priority is going to be on midrange quality. Dynamics are important to me, just not so much for this build. People are very split in the zaph scan speak designs and I've read the satori mid/woofers are not designed for any real bass extension. I'm so good at getting lost in analysis!!!!

Comment

• DigitalMaven
          • Feb 2017

I'm not going to build it right now but I've been working on an mtm design with sb acoustics sb17nrx-8uc and Beyma tpl-75 amt driver. I could also maybe come up with a threeway design but I cant see why unless you need extreme power handling. I'm using a third order crossover and it makes a huge difference on the sb17...
          Click image for larger version

Name:	sb17tpl75.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	862854

Click image for larger version

Name:	sb17tpl75-2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	862855

I know the tweeter looks unusual but it is supposed to sound very good between 1200-10000 khz. csd is very fast...

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"