RSP-1098 vs RA-1062 for 2 channel Music?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • whmacs
    • Oct 2003

RSP-1098 vs RA-1062 for 2 channel Music?

Hi All,
    I've currently using a Jamo THX speaker system connected to my (RSP-1098/1075/1070) combo for HT. While really enjoyable for movies, it leaves a bit to be desired to two channel stereo. Next year (Feb) I turn 40 (getting old!) and my wife has tentatively agreed to let me get a dedicated two channel music system as a present. I know that this is a while away yet, but research is half the fun! My pleasent delima is whether I just purchase two speakers (B&W's) and a Rotel power amp, lift some roof tiles and run some cables to the front of the house and use my current RSP-1098's zone 2 capability or purchase a RA-1062 and the speakers for a standalone system. Does anyone know how the RA-1062 compares to the RSP-1098 for two channel music quality?

cheers,
    Stephen
    My Home Theatre
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

Stephen,

I happen to have done this comparison (accidently) when doing CD player comparisons last year (which ended with my falling in love with the RCD-1072). I started with the RA-1062 for the CDs for analog and had to move to the RSP-1098 for the digital comparison (this was on Sonus Faber speakers)

Net is - For CD and analog only the RA-1062 is (for me) that bit better than the RSP-1098 in stereo - and you have the benefit of putting that nice RB-1080 you need to drive those bi-wired B&W 704 or 703s you neeeeeed nice and close to the speakers.

However if you want to use that RSP-1098 then a digital connection and good cables and you could still be fine.... This is one where listenning is really recommended...

Geoff

Comment

• whmacs
      • Oct 2003

Hi Geoff,
      Thanks for the reply. The RA-1062 / RCD-1072 sounds like a fantasic combo at a reasonable price. There is a great review of this combo here. When you where listening to this set up what speakers where connected to it? I'm also sure that my life will be vastly improved with some 703's or 704's...

cheers,
      Stephen
      My Home Theatre

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
        Super Senior Member
        • Oct 2003

Stephen,

They were Sonus Faber Concerto's. Nice speakers. Very musical and transparent - with a real lyrical quality to them. But lacking a little in bass. Which then starts to take you down the whole digital / sub route....

Now the B&W 703 or 704..... they put a smile on my dial.....

Geoff

Comment

• dartmouth12
          • Oct 2005

Gents anyone have a comparison between the RA-1062 and the RC/RB-1070 combination? I'm looking at the choice between the two - additional set of speaker posts on the RA-1062 as opposed to the 130wpc of the RC/RB-1070 combo. Is the extra ~AU$500 worthwhile?

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"