X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Punggol
    • Jul 2006

Help! Dodgy centre channel on RB-993 amp

Hi Guys,

I'm a new member and this is my first posting. Need your expert advice.

I have a chance to buy the Rotel RB-993 (200wx3) amp second hand for a good price. Problem is, there's a slight glitch with the centre channel.

The description by the seller is:
    "All channels are in good conditions except for the centre channel where you may need to on/off twice if you encounter no sound after ON. It's a small problem will not reoccur after you ON it twice"

Has anyone heard of this problem? Know what it might be? Is it easy to fix?
    Is it worth buying in this condition?

I would really like to use this amp to drive my Fronts and Centre (currently using RSP 1068 + RB 985 amp). I think this amp will be a good addition to my system but I don't want to end up with a 2.5 channel working amp (or worse) on a 3 channel amp.

Appreciate any help you can give me.
    Thanks
  • bleeding ears
    • Nov 2004

I cannot help much here, except that at the right price it might be a bargain if it doesnt set fire to your place, destroy your speakers or even worse electrocute you !

I wonder if the current owner has had a quote to repair it and found it uneconomical to repair ?

But then again, it might be just a dicky switch or something simple.

Comment

• Marlboroman
      • Aug 2005

That was an awesome amp though and most amps are fairly easy to repair. Could just be a bad relay on that channel. If you have a local repair guy who will not charge you an arm and a leg then I would say it would be worth getting.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"