X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Belgarath99
    • Jun 2005

How to add auto power-up kit to Rotel RB993

Hi

I recently acquire a Rotel RB993. Unlike the new Rotel RB1080, RB1095 etc, the RB993 does not have a 12V input. I like to know if anyone has suggestions on how to go about adding some sort of auto power-up kit to the power amp to work with my Denon 3805 receiver.

Ideally a 12V trigger solutions is best since I have a spare 12V trigger output on my Denon 3805 received but I am open to suggestions.

Thanks for your time.
  • Clepto
    • Feb 2006

Well, the scary option, go into the switched outlet of the receiver (;

there are also 12v triggerable switch/plugs that can probably be found at radio shack, or the like.

Comment

• Bluespower
      • Sep 2005

I don't know your Denon, but precious few receivers have outlets that can handle an external power amp.

I've built my own 12v (triggered) 110V 10A switched outlets with Radio Shack parts, but you may want to look into something like the Parasound "Scamp". I think Rotel also has a similar accessory.
      Bluespower

Comment

• htsteve
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2004

Niles Audio AC-3

Belgarath99,

I have the same issue with my Rotel 1095 (older model w/o 12V trigger).
        I bought a Niles Audio AC-3. It handles 1500 watts and has switched outlets that can be triggered with a 12V trigger. The only catch is that you need to snip off the the Niles Audio end of the 3.5mm wire. The leads go in one side and the ground goes in the other. Not inexpensive, but works great. :T

I would not use any receiver's switched outlet. The 993 will be too big a load on it.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• DelRay
          • Jun 2004

Another option would be to get a surge supressor/protector with 12v trigger to turn on amps w/delay. I have a MP 3500 and 3500mkll. They seem to work great with my amps.

Comment

• Belgarath99
            • Jun 2005

Originally posted by DelRay
            Another option would be to get a surge supressor/protector with 12v trigger to turn on amps w/delay. I have a MP 3500 and 3500mkll. They seem to work great with my amps.
            Just to be clear about this, this is a surge suppressor/protector that is connected to the mains but also have a 12V trigger to turn on and off whatever applicance is connected to it? If so, this sounds like what I want. Can you tell me what MP stands for? Is there a Radio Shacks equivalent? I live in Australia so I don't think it is easy for me to get hold of parts that are specific to America only. But we do have an electronic chain that carry Radio Shack parts so I reckon Radio Shack stuff will be my best bet.

Comment

• Belgarath99
              • Jun 2005

Originally posted by DelRay
              Hi

Can you kindly provide a URL to the devices you mentioned above? I have done a google search on it and the only searches that only seems to come up is a Monster Power 3500 but I am not having much luck locating specifications etc.

Comment

• FernandoF
                • Nov 2005

Hi, Belgarath99.

I have just ordered this autoswitching power strip for the same purpose :

You may want to check it.

Comment

• DelRay
                  • Jun 2004

Buy.com just had a nice sale on the 3500mkll. $399 msrp. They were/are selling them for $169 w/free shipping. I believe the $50 rebate ended February 28. Still a good buy though. You can turn on the delay via 12v trigger or using a switched outlet from a receiver. Very useful.
                  Since 1999, we've paid our members over $3.2 Billion in Cash Back. Join now for an extra 10% Cash Back boost. Shop 3,500+ stores using coupons or cash back!

Comment

• wkhanna
                    Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
                    • Jan 2006

I just ordered the 3500, cuz it was cheap and so am I, but this is the one I will get when my coffers are replenished.

Since 1999, we've paid our members over $3.2 Billion in Cash Back. Join now for an extra 10% Cash Back boost. Shop 3,500+ stores using coupons or cash back!

Go to the APC website and take a look.

And yes, the rebate ended 28 Feb 06.
                    _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
                    ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"