X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rick c
    • Aug 2004

rotel rsx1056 + rb993 ?

Ok, i know i've gone thru this before but i have found a rotel rb993(200 x 3) for a real good price.I'm about to get off the fence here but really need final opinions first.Will i get a significant improvement in sound quality in both HT and music by adding this amp to my setup(signature).If i wont and it's only slight improvement i'll save my money for now.
    P.S. i have 1 day to hit or miss.thanks
  • Earendil
    • Apr 2005

Hi Rick.

I have this amp with a Yamaha 2500 as pre. I'm driving a B&W 804s and HTM4s with it and i'm really happy. I'm waiting for my new Musical Fidelity A5 to drive the fronts, tho.

I got the rotel off a friend just for 500 € (450$ give or take). I think was a bargain given the quality of the amp.

In your case, i'm not so sure you will notice a big improvement. Of course, the more power, the better, but i think you are good with your current amp.

I had the 603 and the LCR60 with the Yamaha, and added the rotel before i changed the speakers and, honestly i noticed a better sound, but nothing "spectacular". IMHO, the 603 are not so difficult to drive...

That been said, if you are planning some upgrade on your speakers anytime soon, i would go for the rotel. That rb-993 is a great amp.

Just my 2 cents.

Greetings from spain.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"