X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • whmacs
    • Oct 2003

Hi Guys,
    Sithlord, 'Sterling effort!' Did International Dynamics suggest you try it again or did you think 'what the hell, lets give it one last shot'? Have they given you any official response from Rotel yet?

Olaf, thanks for trying the factory reset. I won't bother now based on your results. I can also confirm your finding on EX. This has been happening to me since the upgrade:
    1. Watch 5.1 DVD format is DD + PLIIx (press SUR+ required)
    2. Put in an EX DVD format DD+EX (automatic EX out of back speakers)
    3. Repeat step 1. format stays at DD+EX (press SUR+ required to switch to DD+PLIIx)

Sithlord, Olaf and Myself also have the issue now of having to press the SUR+ to kick in the back speakers for PLIIx. Not a huge problem (compared to Sithlord's no PLIIx at all) but now reproduceable on all three systems.

So, we can now safely assume that we have all done the upgrade correctly and there is a software bug in v2.1.1 or we have an older DSP chip that is not fully compatible with v2.1.1. The serial number of my RSP-1098 is: 979-3311161 How does this compare to other peoples serial numbers?

cheers,
    Stephen

My Home Theatre
    My Home Theatre

Comment

• Sithlord10
      • Apr 2003

Thanks Guys. Well I I though I would take on the "No Guts No Glory" philosophy and set my unit back to factory default then install 1.1.6 then do the Eproms then install V2.1.1 and presto. I believe International Dynamics (have not got back to me) hadn't flashed the Eproms, even though V2.1.1 was showing on the display. The fact that I was getting clicking sounds from the 1098 when starting and finishing each Eprom made me believe it was going to work. Believe me my heart was in my month when I first turned it on after everything was installed. Once the optical was detected (from the dvd player) I knew it had worked 8) .This was all done at around 11pm so I couldn't try anything as it's too late. I will get around to getting the serial no. but I have to move my whole equipment rack out to read it so I'll do it sometime later. Right now I've some DDPL2x testing to do

Comment

• Olaf
        • Nov 2003

Dear Stephen,

This is almost too weird. My RSP-1098 serial number is 079-3311156!
        :?
        Regards, Olaf

Comment

• Olaf
          • Nov 2003

Dear Stephen & Sithlord,

Any progress at your end?

My dealer wrote me an e-mail some days ago and claimed that the symptoms described by me indicated that I had not performed the EPROM update.

I had advised him that I had performed the update twice already and still the problem persists.

I have had no further response after that.

Regards,
          Olaf

Comment

• whmacs
            • Oct 2003

Hi Olaf,
            I sent an email to Rotel in the US, but got no response. I've also spoken with the local distributor here in Oz and emailed them the details of the problem. They tell me that they have sent an email to Rotel but have not got a reply yet. They did seem to think that the problem was isolated as they have only had two people in Australia (Sithlord & myself) and a few internationally that they know of. I would tend to disagree with this as I know four RSP-1098 owners here in OZ and three of them have the problem. You also require a 6.1 or 7.1 system and have upgraded to v2.1.1 for the problem to manifest itself.

Andrew, have you heard anything from your Rotel contacts about these v2.1.1 issues?

Regards,
            Stephen

My Home Theatre
            My Home Theatre

Comment

• Matt Zielinski
              • Feb 2004

I spoke with rep from Rotel today and they will be posting update /fix for speaker BUG shortly(with in a week). They are in the final stages of testing the fix.
              I had to share the news

Matt
              Room 11x22x7.5
              Rotel-1098/1075/1050
              Sony-KF50WE610/DVP-S7700
              ExpressVu Dish and HD cable Box
              B&W speakers: CDM 9NT; HTM7; CDM SNT
              Matt
              Room 11x22x7.5
              Rotel-1098/1075/1050
              Sony-KF50WE610/DVP-S7700

Comment

• Olaf
                • Nov 2003

Dear Matt,

Thank you for sharing this great news :LOL:. Did the Rotel rep by any chance also tell you whether the problem is related to the V2.1.1 software or the EPROM update program?

The reason why I am asking is that there are some other posts which tend to indicate that the problem may be related to some "old" EPROM chips, or problems with the update of these.

Somebody from I believe the Netherlands was even getting a new EPROM to install in his unit (with more memory?), while someone else was advised that he did not have to do the EPROM update at all but could load V2.1.1 directly. The later one did not experience any of the problems reported.

While I am in no way doubting your information, it is a bit strange that Rotel in Australia has stated that Rotel has sent them no response and my distributor in India also seems to be guessing.

Andrew, I would appreciate if you could get in touch with your connections at Rotel and let us know what the status is.

Regards,
                Olaf

Comment

• Matt Zielinski
                  • Feb 2004

Some Eproms have to be replaced because they don't have room for upgrades.
                  Check with your Rep because you may not req. to do a complete eprom update> I was allowed to skip first file and go directly to number 2 and 3.
                  At the same time he advise me to wait for an updated program 2.1x. which will be available shortly.
                  Hope this helps
                  Matt

Matt
                  Room 11x22x7.5
                  Rotel-1098/1075/1050
                  Sony-KF50WE610/DVP-S7700
                  Matt
                  Room 11x22x7.5
                  Rotel-1098/1075/1050
                  Sony-KF50WE610/DVP-S7700

Comment

• whmacs
                    • Oct 2003

Hi All,
                    Just to bring closure to this thread, the 7.1 speaker bug now seems to be resolved by the v2.1.2 firmware version Rotel has just released on their web site. Well done Rotel!

cheers,
                    Stephen

My Home Theatre
                    My Home Theatre

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"