PLIIx Cinema decoding of Dolby Digital 5.1 Sources with Denon AVR 3805. Please Help.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Octavio
    • May 2004

PLIIx Cinema decoding of Dolby Digital 5.1 Sources with Denon AVR 3805. Please Help.

I have a problem with my new Receiver, Denon AVR 3805. When I play a DVD encoded with Dolby Digital 5.1 (connected to OPT1 input) and try to use the Surround Back speaker I only get PLIIx Music and can't get PLIIx Cinema as an option. Of course SB Channel is set to on.

Each time I press the Surround Back button, SB CH OUT changes from OFF to NON MTRX, then to MTRX ON, then to PLIIx Music and then to OFF again. I never see PLIIx Cinema as an option.

When I see PLIIx Music and I press Cinema button on the Remote Control it doesn’t change to PLIIx Cinema.

Same results if I try to change it from SURR PARA (Surround Parameter) Menu.

All of the above occurs only when Dolby Digital 5.1 sources are played. Both, PLIIx Cinema and PLIIx Music are available options and work OK when I play a source encoded with PCM or Dolby Digital 2.0.

Does somebody knows how to use PLIIx Cinema decoding with DD 5.1 sources in the AVR 3805 Denon Receiver?

Thanks for your help.

Octavio
Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"