X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeff1
    • Jun 2006

Rotel 1067 owners views

Hi all , I'm in the process of buying a AV receiver, and I was looking at the 1067 for my 4ohm speaker package. They have a sensitivity of 92db. I was was wondering if anyone else was running this model with similar speaker specs as mine, and if they thought it was powerful enough to get the best out of my speakers. We like to listen to a lot of music DVD's and like to pump it up now and then , regards, Jeff
  • htsteve
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

Receiver + Amp

Jeff1,

The answer to your question is maybe. I'm not an owner of a 1067, but own Rotel electronics and speakers that need/like to be driven with lots of power. While the 1067 is a very good receiver, I believe that a dedicated amplifier is needed to get more performance (and also play loud, but very clean). I have a suggestion. Consider getting a 1057 receiver and a 1075 amp (125 x 5). The cost of this combo will be similar to a 1067.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• Jeff1
      • Jun 2006

Thanks for the reply steve , I'll check out the combo and see what the pricing is over here , Jeff

Comment

• jayhawk75
        • Apr 2006

i am a recent new owner of a 1067 and i like it however with my speakers being 8 ohm b&w i dont know how much i can help. i will say that i was a little put off by having volume setting at 65-75 for my normal listening. i am still working on what i consider lack of base definition so i bought at rb 1092 today for my front L&R. the other thing with the 1067 is runs very warm so you want alot of room and nothing sitting on top.

Comment

• ICEMAN70
          • Apr 2006

Hi jayhawk,

You said you where little put off by the volume around 65-75. Is it because it wasn't loud enough from your seating position? Also do you have an sub?

Comment

• Nolan B
            Super Senior Member
            • Sep 2005

I have my 1067 driving B&W 8 ohm speakers and think it does a better then expected job. Contrary to a previous post I have less then 1 icn clearance on the sides and only 1.5 inches clearance on top with two computer fans running air accross the top. I have 0 problems with over heating. Lord knows with the world cup, stanley cup and my xbox 360 its getting a lot of use! :T

Comment

• jayhawk75
              • Apr 2006

iceman... no sub yet i was at dealer yesterday and almost ordered asw750, however i havent completely decided on rears so i went with amp upgrade while decideing. currently plugged in on fronts are 804s and i was leaning to moving those to the back.

vancouver... i was trying to tell jeff1 that he should not be afraid that the volume gets turned up on rotel equipment this is normal and yes rotel seems to run warmer than most of the equipment that i have tested. above all i like my 1067 those are the 2 items that initially sent me back to the dealer looking for answers. i believe the 1067(100x7) has the doubling so are 200w enough fire for his 4ohm speakers.

Comment

• Cornchips
                • Nov 2005

Similar issues with RSX-1067 & 4 Ohm Speakers

Have a RSX-1067 and a full set of Thiel speakers.

I just picked up a NAD T 973 (7 Channel Amp) and after listening for a week or so I can say that the extra (& dedicated) power makes a difference.

Even did some A/B testing in 2-channel bypass, EXT Bypass (DVD-Audio) and good old Dolby 5.1

How much of a difference?

Not as much as I'd hoped for...but enough to say goodbye to my RSX-1067.

Any thoughts on Pre-Amp/Processors?
                I'm thinking RSP-1068...but keep wondering about a 2nd generation (used) Krell.

--ksr
                Don't touch that wire...
                The touching story of one man and several amplifiers.

Comment

• kurtholz
                  • Feb 2005

hey cornchips

i had a 1067, went to Krell, absolutely another game, almost like comparing xm radio to dvd-a, huge improvement

lot's of buys on used Krells, a lot better

good luck

Kurt

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"