X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Audio Junkie
    • Jan 2021

RB1091 12v trigger replacement

Hi All, my first post! I'm a long time Rotel fan
    I have 2 RB1091 amps which I got a deal on from my local dealer several years ago. At the time he said the 12v triggers weren't working. At the time this wasn't a problem for me. However since upgrading my system late last year I now want to use the triggers.
    Contacted Rotel UK (spare parts) who took a week to tell me they no longer support the RB-1091 as parts were no longer available

I'm quite a handy guy when it comes to electronics so I thought I'd look and see if I could replace the 12v trigger myself after opening up the RB-1091 I discovered the 12v trigger module is on it's own PCB which makes it super easy to replace just loosen the 2 clamping bolts slide out the old unit and then slide in the new unit, job done! literally a 15 minute job It's also identical to the 12v trigger module in the RB-1581, which I own.
    Contacted Rotel UK and after several days they told me they don't supply internal parts due to the risk of electric shock! Made me wonder what parts their spare parts department supplied???

I've been looking online and can't seem to find an identical replacement 12v Trigger PCB. I doubt their a Rotel proprietary design as they are a very simple bit of kit and only do a very simple job. Can anyone point me in the right direction to purchase a couple of replacement units

Thanks Audio Junkie
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

Welcome to HTGuide!

If you can't find a replacement trigger board for your amp, you could use a trigger switched outlet.

The Niles AC3 is what I have. It's quite overpriced though. I've had one in my setup for years to switch my subwoofer amp and other components besides my amps.

I also found a DLI "IOT Relay" power strip on amazon, which is a lot cheaper.

(Removed links to avoid running afoul of forum rules... search online for above items)

Comment

• Audio Junkie
      • Jan 2021

Hi, thanks for the suggestion. However I would much prefer to just replace the trigger board. It seems to be fairly generic, as it's still being used in the RB-1581 and other other Rotel 15 series amps. It's just tracking them down.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"