X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kurtholz
    • Feb 2005

sub with 1052

hey all

Friend of mine just bought a Rotel rx 1052 for 2 channel. they are using a pair of B && W 705's. they bought a sunfire sub to augment low bass, i was going to hook it up, but there is no sub input on this model, i suppose i just use speaker cable and hook it up to the second set of speaker inputs?

any help before i blow there house up much appreciated

:-)

Kurt
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

To get the best overall response, run the speaker outputs to the sub and then to the 805's. This will use the crossover on the sub,so no double bass. If this isn't easy or the Sunfire doesn't have speaker outs, running it to the same or the other speaker output is fine. It's not going to draw any watts, just tap the signal.

Kevin D.

Comment

• kurtholz
      • Feb 2005

Hi Kevin

OK, thanks so much, i was thinking it would be nice to bi-amp/wire the 705's with the 2 output's for the speakers and piggy back the sub to that

what do you think of that?

thanks

Kurt

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

It will just be bi-wiring it since it's the same amplifier outputs. If you wanted to bi-wire and still utilize the crossover, run one set directly to the top terminals on the speaker. Take the second set and run it to the speaker in on the sub and then from the speaker out to the lower terminals on the speaker.

Like I said, using the sub's crossover will create a better blend from sub to speaker. It isn't required however, you can certainly hook it up in parallel with the speakers and see how it sounds first.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"