Easy Listening in bedroom with RX-1052 question.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Norgoth
    • Oct 2008

Easy Listening in bedroom with RX-1052 question.

Hi all,

I just did a major renovation on my home and have networked the whole house for video and audio. I purchased an Escient Vision system and want to extend the audio to my master bedroom. Since this is not the main listening area, I decided to go for a low key 2 channel system and committed to the RX-1052. I am now trying to decide on the speakers to go with the Rotel. The bedroom is relatively small and the audio listening will be mostly accoustic and low key. I am a stickler for contemporary aesthetics and want to keep the speakers on the small (bookshelf) size and go without a sub. I have been looking at the Vienna Schonberg Weberns, B & W 705s, and Vienna Haydns. My price range for the pair of speakers is $1500-$2000. I love the look of the Weberns, but I need to balance my aesthetic criteria with the sonics. I would love some input and recommendations especially since I want to avoid a sub in the bedroom, if possible.

Thank you, John
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

Look at the CM1 or the new CM5 from B&W as well. They are more contemporary than the 705 and I would bet the new CM5 will give the 705 a run for its money (if not beat it). The CM1 is very good for a speaker its size and price and works well with the RX-1052.

I don't know the Vienna speakers so I don't know how the CM Series stack up. Maybe someone else here knows.

Eric

Comment

• PewterTA
      • Nov 2004

I don't know if you're interested in building your own speakers...but the Nat Ps or Modula MTMs in the PE bookshelf box is almost unbeatable of a speakers that is right in your price range. :T

Just go look at the DIY section under the completed for the threads on how to build them.
      Digital Audio makes me Happy.
      -Dan

Comment

• Norgoth
        • Oct 2008

I appreciate the responses so far.

I will definitely take a look at the CM series in the B &W line of speakers.

You are correct, I am not such an enthusiast that I would build my own speakers. It is a terrific suggestion and I do appreciate the input, but it is just not my sort of thing.

Regards, John

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"