X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob Knarly
    • Mar 2004

1067,1068 owners,help

I have a 1056 that in 2ch mode I can hear signal noise from center and surround speakers,a hissing.I understand on the 2 front speakers you would hear signal noise since they are getting a signal but one would think in 2ch mode center and surrounds would be muted.The question is does the 1067or even the 1068 also do this in 2ch mode?When I set at my desk and listen to 2ch(front speakers about 18ft away) I am about 3ft from my surrounds and this hissing is very disturbing.If you would just push 2 ch button,listen to center and tell me you hear nothing or something,any help would be appreciated,thanks.
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

That's a tough one Bob. Could be tons of things. RF interference in your interconnects, speaker wires or electrical. Could be you got a bad unit, which rare as it is and annoying, is always possible. It doesn't sound like the common ground loop hum....

My best advice is to start off by trying a different 2-channel source. If you have a CD player and DVD player try listening to the analog and digital inputs of both (as is possible) and see if you're still getting the same noise from the other channels. Then if that doesn't work try disconnecting everything but one source at a time to narrow down the culprit. If there's still no luck then I'd say take it back to your dealer and see if you can re-create the problem at their shop. Unless someone else has a better idea?

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
    Jason

Comment

• Bob Knarly
      • Mar 2004

So......just me and my friend are the only Rotel owners w/this problem,interesting.Thanks aud,I did try your suggestions.

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

Any luck Bob or is it back to the dealer?

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
        Jason

Comment

• Bob Knarly
          • Mar 2004

Jason,looks like its back to the dealer,only problem is his does it too.Thanks again for your input.

Comment

• Bam!
            Super Senior Member
            • Jan 2004

Hey guys!

My 1056 in coming in Wednesday....you are scaring the living gageenas out of me...2 channel mode was one of the biggest reasons I bought the 1056 8O

Man oh man.....however from what I read this is not a very common problem....or...is it...Since it is such a new receiver maybe there are not that many people who own them quite yet.... :?

I`m bummed....

Bam!
            Got a nice rack to show me ?

Comment

• aud19
              Twin Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2003

Bam, don't worry until/umless you have something to worry about.

Bob, sounds like your dealer should order a new unit for ya from Rotel and perhaps contact them so he can find out why his is doing it too. Keep us posted

Jason

Jason

Comment

• Bam!
                Super Senior Member
                • Jan 2004

Jason! You`re right....the paink button hit pretty fast!

ops:

Thanks man!

Bam!

Comment

• Bob Knarly
                  • Mar 2004

bam,don't get bummed yet,its a fact finding mission as of now.I will be looking forward to your input,good luck.I will keep my adventures updated as more info becomes available.

Comment

• Bam!
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Jan 2004

Thanks Bob!

....and... no problem...I will be following up with this baby!

I have a bunch of audiophiles who can`t wait to start tweaking her!!!!

Let me tell you that I can`t wait either!!!

Take care and talk to you soon!!!

Bam!

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"