X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • torgelow2005
    • Sep 2005

high frequency noise / hiss, RSP1068

I'm using the RSO 1068 + RMB 1075 and I'm not satisfied with the noise behavior!

I'm not talking about white or pink noise from the power amp but about a high frequency signal (kHz range, like
    tinnitus) mainly from the rear speaker.

I only hear this noise when the DVD-Player or Sat-receiver is hooked up digitally to the RSP1068, no matter which
    sound mode chosen (ac3, dts or Pl II).

This high frequency signal disappears when using analogue input (6Ch input) and therefore using the decoder of the DVD-Player (Denon 2900).

So, I assume the digital circuits of the RSP1068 to be the problem.
    To make it mot clear, this noise is only audible at high sound levels (the Rotel reads >70) .

But, between the Denon digital decoder and the Rotel digital decoder is a significant difference! Actually, I would expect a better quality from Rotel!

Did anyone observe the same or has any solution?

Thanks
    Frank.
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

Mine are as quiet as can be (1098/1095)...

I'd try removing all connections and hooking things up one at a time and testing to see what components may be causing the problem. I've not heard of that happening. I mean as you are aware, there will be some noise/hiss at louder volume levels, but not a squeeling unless there is truly something wrong with your 1068 or 1075..

Did you try connecting the speaker/speakers that are making the noise, change the interconnects from the 1068 to the 1075 and see if they follow the connection change or stay the same, if they stay the same it could be something with your amp, if not it's the 1068.

It's a trail and error to better find the root of the problem (if it's a defective unit).
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan

Comment

• torgelow2005
      • Sep 2005

In fact, I’ve not many possibilities of changing something: With analogue connections between DVD-Player and RSP1068 (that means using the ac3 decoder of the Denon and the 5.1 analogue bypass of the Rotel) everything is fine! That means the connections, the RMB1075 and my boxes (Canton) are fine! Of course you can hear the white noise from all speakers (the rotel display reads >70).
      Only if I connect the DVD-Player via the digital connection, therefore, using the digital decoder of the Rotel, this adds the high frequency sound to the rear speaker (I’ve checked it again – it comes only from the rears).
      You can only hear this clearly, if you are listening to rather quiet pieces of music (almost nothing is coming from the disc) at high sound levels. But otherwise it seams to disturb me also when listening at normal sound levels. I’ve been using the Rotel stuff for on year but only now I recognized this noise – maybe I’m to demanding?
      Regards,
      Frank

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

If you've had the unit for a year, you probably have one of the first one's that did have a defect. I wouldn't be surprised if it popped and crackled as well.

Get in contact with Rotel and have them fix or swap it out.

Kevin D.

Comment

• torgelow2005
          • Sep 2005

I don’t know exactly what you are referring to with “popp” and “crackle”. I only hear a crackling while adjusting the volume. But I thought this to be normal!
          In fact I got my unit in May last year!

Frank

Comment

• torgelow2005
            • Sep 2005

is there anybody who can observe the same behaviour (should be easy to check) or do I really have a defect unit?
            Thanks!

Comment

• Nolan B
              Super Senior Member
              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by torgelow2005
              is there anybody who can observe the same behaviour (should be easy to check) or do I really have a defect unit?
              Thanks!
              I am not a 100% sure if I have the smae problem becuase its so hard to explain noise like this, but I can say I bought an RSX 1055 a couple of weeks ago an notice something similar. To my I notice it most when there is a piano playing music i listen to. There is definately not much clarity, and a high pitch "fuzzy" sound attached to the notes from the piano...

I am beggining to regret my desicion with the RSX 1055 and may return to for a 1056 in hopes to make the problem go away.

Comment

• gianni
                • Nov 2002

Originally posted by Vancouver
                I am not a 100% sure if I have the smae problem becuase its so hard to explain noise like this, but I can say I bought an RSX 1055 a couple of weeks ago an notice something similar. To my I notice it most when there is a piano playing music i listen to. There is definately not much clarity, and a high pitch "fuzzy" sound attached to the notes from the piano...

I am beggining to regret my desicion with the RSX 1055 and may return to for a 1056 in hopes to make the problem go away.

Like so many 1056's your 1055 may be defective. I've had my 1055 for almost two years now and never heard this before. In fact, it has been problem free - a very reliable and great sounding unit. The 1056's though seem to have had more problems. Of coures this does not matter if your 1055 is defective.

Comment

• NewBuyer
                  • Feb 2005

I first had a 1056 that had hum/hiss problems, then upgraded to a 1068/1075 combo. These also had the hum/hiss problems. I'm looking for a new manufacturer of equipment now, and the other similar-category pieces I've auditioned so far do not have the hum/hiss problems of the Rotels and also seem to generally sound as good or better. But they are also more expensive, so I guess it's the "no free lunch" principle at work here. I'm learning.

Comment

• Stevebez
                    • Oct 2003

Interesting - have to say the best thing about my 1075/1068 combo is their very silent background.

I cannot hear any rear noise whatsoever and my left rear is about 2 feet from my ear...

Something aint right ... have it checked out.

(P.S. is it a 110v or 240v model?).

Rgds Steve.

Comment

• Eliav
                      • Jul 2005

I don’t know exactly what you are referring to with “popp” and “crackle”. I only hear a crackling while adjusting the volume. But I thought this to be normal!
                      In fact I got my unit in May last year!

Frank

Hi
                      I have the 1068. it does crackle when I change the volume. it sounds like high frequency crackle/ pop- up noise as long as you dial the volume up or down when music is playing. It is disturbing to my ears. I naively thought it's "normal" Rotel behavior, is it not ? ( my unit is 3 wks old,hooked up to a 1095)
                      Eliav
                      :T Socrat

Comment

• torgelow2005
                        • Sep 2005

I recently listened to a different receiver (RSX1056) which did not show the same behaviour.I recently listened to a different receiver (RSX1056) which did not show the same behaviour.
                        Both of them have same/similar circuits, but the RSP1068 should sound better I suppose. Therefore, I decided to return the device to have it repaired.

Regards, Frank

Comment

• 5.0greg
                          • Apr 2005

I purchased a RSP-1068 in May and had the same problems you've described with the hiss and then it not being there in analogue. Rotel replaced the unit with another and it did the same thing. I lived with it for awhile but it drove me nuts to the point I didn't enjoy watching movies. I even showed my dealer a few threads from this board with other people having the same problem. The second unit has now been replace with an Anthem AVM30. I loved the sound quality of the Rotel minus that glitch and Rotel just didn't want to admit there being a problem. Luckily I have an great dealer who worked it for me. I hope Rotel smartens up and realizes this issue exists.

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"