X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • calbfer99
    • Nov 2003

Please Help

I have purchased Rotel RSP-1066, RDV-1060 and RMB-1075. I also have a pioneer elite 64 in HDTV. here's my problem, intermittently when viewing dvd movies I get horizontal lines across the screen, usually red. It comes and goes with no pattern and I cant reproduce it even if I backtrack to the spot it just happened to. T.V, Digital and high def channels work fine. My Rotel dealer already replaced the Pre/Pro and the DVD player. After they were replaced it doesn't happen as often, but it still happens. they also replaced the video cables. Any ideas or suggestions of what might cause this would be greatly appreciated. It is extremely fustrating and I'm not sure what else to do.

Thanks,
    Calbfer99
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Is the video being routed through the 1066 or directly to the TV?

Comment

• calbfer99
      • Nov 2003

right now its connected through the 1066. before the 1066 was replaced It was connected directly to the tv to test it and same problem. I didnt try it again since.

Calbfer99

Comment

• calbfer99
        • Nov 2003

right now its connected through the 1066. before the 1066 was replaced It was connected directly to the tv to test it and same problem. I didnt try it again since.

Calbfer99

Comment

• Kevin D
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2002

Sounds like something in the house is interfering with the grounds somehow.. Could be anything, air conditioner, microwave, light, etc.. Try to go around and see what's on when the lines appear.. This type of problem is pretty hard to track down..

Kevin D.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Ok so we know its not the 1066 then if the lines are then when directly run to the TV so that rules out that component. Kevin's comment about power is definitely something I'd agree with as a potential source of interference. Where is the DVD player and TV plugged into as far as power outlets? What else is on that curcuit? If possible can you plug the DVD player and TV into an extension cord thats plugged into an outlet that doesn't have much if anything else on that line?

Comment

• calbfer99
              • Nov 2003

All my equiptment is connected to a panamax line conditioner and thats all thats on that line. The only thing is my HT room is directly behind my kitchen. Back to back. fridge, oven, and microwave. oven and micro are not in use but can the fridge give interference?

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

When a compressor from a freezer kicks in its a serious drain on power so yes it could be that that's causing the problem.

Comment

• calbfer99
                  • Nov 2003

OK. but wouldn't that cause a problem no matter what was on? TV,VCR,Digital or high def? the problem is only when watching DVD movies. does this make any sense?

Comment

• Kevin D
                    Ultra Senior Member
                    • Oct 2002

If the fluctuation is only causing problems on the DVD player, then no..

Kevin D.

Comment

• calbfer99
                      • Nov 2003

So what do you suggest I do?
                      The line conditioner doesnt protect from fluctuation?

Comment

• Kevin D
                        Ultra Senior Member
                        • Oct 2002

We're still dealing with 'guessing'. Turn a movie on and open your freezer door. Wait till the compressor kicks on and see if you have lines.. I also wouldn't rule out anything in the rest of the house.. I've got a system right now at a customers house that when you dim a certain light, the TV on the other side of the house gets two horizontal lines going up it.. You can actually change the speed of the lines by how much you dim the light.. Stuff on component shows no lines..

Kevin D.

Comment

• calbfer99
                          • Nov 2003

I opened the freezer and no difference, I had the heat kick on and same. I usually watch movies late at night where lights being turned on/off is not an issue. I cant think of anything else.

Can it be the line conditioner itself? Should I try a different brand? Not sure if this is related but when I crank the stereo the lights on the conditioner go down to 110v. Is that normal?

Thanks
                          Calbfer99

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                            Moderator Emeritus
                            • Aug 2000

Try running it without the conditioner in place. Lights esp. dimmed ones are notorious for polluting electrical lines with dirty power so your findings Kevin don't surprise me....though they're a PITA to work around.

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"