X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Britchie
    • Nov 2003

Benefits of Video output conversion?

I have a 1098 and will be adding a Panasonic HD Plasma to the HT this weekend. My old set didn't have component inputs so I never used the Rotel's Video OutPut conversion before. My questions is...What benefit will this provide? Will there be a noticable diffenece in picture quality? Will I hook up my VCR, DVD, and Cable box to the Rotel's Video input? I know some of this is in the user guide, and some is not. But I am looking for some objective opinions from the very knowledgable people who contribute to the forum.

Thanks in advance,

Brad
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

As I only own a lowly 1066 I can't say for sure but i'll venture a guess that it will only slightly improve if at all the picture that started as a composite or s-video signal. The biggest benefit I see is that you only have to run the one set of cables to your monitor.

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
    Jason

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

I would agree with Jason, since it's not scaling the signal just converting it, I would think the only improvement would be slightly better colors if it even improves it at all.

Plus side: One set of cables..

Down side: Unless your TV has multiple setting for the same input and you feel like switching it, you're stuck with one setting for all sources.. I know my tv setting for my DVD make SD satellite look bad and my SD satellite settings mutilate a DVD picture..

Kevin D.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

There is no improvement at all...in fact its likely worse then keeping everything in its native format...that said I've been running converted signals (VCR and DSS) for months and the image quality is not a problem and its much more convienient.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"