X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LaserVision
    • Nov 2009

RSP-1570 Video Setting

I have a bit of a strange issue that I am not sure is really an issue. I have have a couple of Pioneer LaserDisc players (DVL-90, LD-838D) attached to my new RSP-1570 and wanted to set the video upscaling to the correct setting to get the best results with my LaserDisc library since it is fairly large and I am not prepared to replace everything with DVD or Blu-ray at this time. When I set the video setting to any of the progressive settings (480p, 720p, or 1080p) the video gets filled with annoying red lines which are really prominent during lighter colored scenes. If the video is set to 1080i, the LaserDisc video is clear and accurate. What is strange about this is that my TV (Panasonic TC-P54V10) reports the image coming from the RSP-1570 as 1080i regardless of the source whether its a DVD (480p), upscaled DVD (1080p) or Blu-ray (1080p). Although it looks like the Blu-ray images are in 1080p when sent through the RSP-1570, I do not trust my eyes to judge the difference and the TV is telling me they are 1080i. Has anyone else seen this? If so, is the TV giving me eroneous information? If the TV is giving me the correct information, what should I do to fix the issue?
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Well all HDMI inputs are bypassed from the scaler, so the resolution setting doesn't matter for those. If you plug the blu-ray directly into the TV does it report it as 1080p?

I'm thinking there might be an issue with the TV/1570 handshake rather then the 1570/U-verse box in your other post.

Kevin D.

Comment

• LaserVision
      • Nov 2009

Yes, plugging in the Blu-ray to the TV reports 1080p. The TV always reports the resolution of the scaler when it is receiving the connection from the RSP-1570 regardless of how the source is connected.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"