X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mk
    • Dec 2003

Video conversion on RSP 1098 pb ?

I have trouble with the conversion possibilities of the RSP 1098.
    I connected a Satellite decoder to the RSP via a SVideo (mini DIN Cable) . I then use a SVideo link from "Monitor OUT Svideo" to a HT 1000 Projector, it works fine ..no conversion.

I want to try now the link with a conversion between the S Video input and the YUV output (to the same projector)...and so I don't need a Svideo Cable between RSP and projector.

The picture I obtain is only B&W. Where is the problem ?
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Is anything else running over the component cables and does it look fine? A BW picture on component usually means that only the GREEN (y) signal is getting over. If you have something else running over like a DVD player and it comes through fine, I would imagine that the problem lies in the 1098 somewhere and I'll let the 1098 experts chime in here..

Kevin D.

Comment

• mk
      • Dec 2003

Yes I have a DVD player on the input VIDEO 5 that I use with the YUV signal (in the RSP and out to the projector).

So YUV -> YUV works fine
      Y/C -> Y/C also

The problem is with a Y/C -> YUV ?

Comment

• mk
        • Dec 2003

Yes I have a DVD player on the input VIDEO 5 that I use with the YUV signal (in the RSP and out to the projector).

So YUV (video 5)-> YUV (monitor OUT)works fine
        Y/C (video 4)-> Y/C (monitor OUT) also

The problem is with a Y/C (Video 4) -> YUV (monitor OUT)?

Comment

• suske67
          • Jul 2003

As far as i know has the video 5 input no upscale conversion only on video 1 - 2 - 3- 4
          hope this helps

listen and you'll buy
          listen and you'll buy

Comment

• Kevin D
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2002

Quick blurb in the manual states that when the PROGRESSIVE option in the setup menu is set to YES, the conversion is only available from the VIDEO 5 input.. So if Suske is right, I gues PROGRESSIVE=NO, conversion from Video 1-4. PROGRESSIVE=YES, conversion from only video 5.

Try turning progressive to no, or if it is, trymoving the s-video in to a different input..

And just curious, I thought the component in 1-4 was assigned to video 1-4.. How are you watching component from your DVD player on Video 5?? If there is an option to set this, please correct me..

Kevin D.

Comment

• mk
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by mk

So YUV (video 5)-> YUV (monitor OUT)works fine
              Y/C (video 4)-> Y/C (monitor OUT) also

The problem is with a Y/C (Video 4) -> YUV (monitor OUT)?

Sorry indeed I swap my links, DVD is on VIdeo 4 and Sat on Video 5...
              So read :

Yes I have a DVD player on the input VIDEO 4 that I use with the YUV signal (in the RSP and out to the projector).

So YUV (video 4)-> YUV (monitor OUT)works fine
              Y/C (video 5)-> Y/C (monitor OUT) also

The problem is with a Y/C (Video 5) -> YUV (monitor OUT)?

Originally posted by suske67
              As far as i know has the video 5 input no upscale conversion only on video 1 - 2 - 3- 4
              hope this helps
              By Jove ! Where do you see this on the user manual ????

In fact I tried yesterday with the minimal connection (no sat):

DVD on Video 1 (only in Y/C SVHS)
              output in YUV to the projector.

The same problem...

After 2 hours of research I go in the "OTHER" setting menu of the RSP, I Check that Video PAL is really checked, it was (the default factory is NTSC) , I change "POWER" I hear a click and miracle I find myself with a colored picture....it seems there a bug here.

Comment

• Henk
                • Jun 2003

mk wrote:

[After 2 hours of research I go in the "OTHER" setting menu of the RSP, I Check that Video PAL is really checked, it was (the default factory is NTSC) , I change "POWER" I hear a click and miracle I find myself with a colored picture....it seems there a bug here.]

Yes there is a bug, but it was fixed with the 1.1.5 firmware update. Make sure you have the latest version (1.1.6), which you can download from the Rotel website.

Comment

• mk
                  • Dec 2003

I don't see any mention of the v1.1.5 on Rotel Website , where do you find this ?

RSP 1098 Software Updates Release Notes
                  V1.0.0 to V1.1.0
                  - Allowed a press of the function knob on front panel to power unit on from Standby.
                  - Software relating to the MP3 decoding was changed.
                  - Test Tone level reduced from -23dbfs to -30dbfs per Dolby spec.
                  - Fixed lack of video output error when Progressive=Yes, OSD Output=Screen Only
                  for Display settings.
                  V1.1.0 to V1.1.1
                  - Changed the Progressive Yes/No settings to now be assignable to specific video
                  inputs. Composite and S-Video upconversion is available on all video inputs not
                  using the Progressive = Yes setting.
                  V1.1.1 to V1.1.2
                  - Modified the German OSD with the following additions of dots:
                  1. DFLT MODUS => DFLT. MODUS
                  2. WERKSVOREINSTELL => WERKSVOREINSTELL.
                  V1.1.2 to V1.1.4
                  - Changed the default Power setting from Direct to Standby mode.
                  - Corrected a bug where there was no CB output in Dolby or dts when Advanced
                  Speaker settings used.
                  - Corrected some terms for the Italian, German, and French languages.
                  V1.1.4 to V1.1.6
                  - Adjusted CB levels for DTS ES Matrix surround mode.
                  - Corrected a bug causing no CB output when in DTS ES Discrete mode.
                  - Improved decoding of Dolby Digital mono soundtracks.

Comment

• Kevin D
                    Ultra Senior Member
                    • Oct 2002

I believe it was a beta test version.. Just install the newest 1.1.6, in includes all previous fixes..

Kevin D.

Comment

• Henk
                      • Jun 2003

I received the V1.1.5 firmware from the Rotel distributor in South Africa, who in turn got it from Rotel Europe. It was issued on 2003.10.07 (serial nr L2250, production batch MP7). I also received a record of the various fixes introduced by each firmware upgrade. Iro firmware V1.1.5 the document reads as follows (I copy and paste the exact wording):

"V1.1.5_20031007 from V1.1.4_20030923:
                      1. Changed “DD2ch” mode OSD indication as Dolby requirement.
                      a) “Dolby PLII Cin/Music/Emul” to “Dolby D+PLII C/M/E”
                      b) “Dolby 3 Stereo” to “Dolby D+3 Stereo”
                      2. Correct the Delay Time error. There is internal calculation formula made error on setting more than two CB speakers.
                      3. Correct the PAL/NTSC switching bug on the PAL mode when it is used video up-converter. "

Personally I never loaded V1.1.5 since V1.1.6 was issued a few days after I received 1.1.5. I cannot explain why Rotel makes no mention of V1.1.5 on their download site.

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"