X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pyroponic
    • Apr 2005

RCAs or Coaxial for 2-channel stereo?

I have a Rotel RSP-1068 as well as a RMB-1095 powering two RF-7's in the front. I am currently using a Denon DVD-2900 as a transport, and am have been using coxial for both stereo CD listening as well as multi-channel for DVD-viewing. Should I continue using coaxial or use a pair of RCA's when I listen to CD's in stereo?
  • howburger
    • Jul 2005

I have the 1068 and 1095 also and am exploring bass options as we speak. Try using the analog bypass mode for music using rca cables. You will like the difference.

Harold
    Because I'm the man in black.........

Comment

• pyroponic
      • Apr 2005

I was looking at the back of my player today and it has three audio outputs, 7-channel output (for SACDs and such), coaxial, and optical. I'm assuming I should select the EXT intput on my preamp? Does the fact that I have the surround and center inputs hooked up matter? I'm assuming it doesn't as when I play a redbook cd the DVD player should output the sound into the front 2-channels.

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

Yup, connect the multichannel analog outputs of the DVD player, it will allow you to listen to analog 2-ch (Cd's) as well as DVD-A and SACD :T
        Jason

Comment

• Blindamood
          • Sep 2003

Even though you use the multi-channel inputs for DVD-A/SACD, you can also hook up two additional stereo inputs (if your player has them) to the CD input on your 1068. This way, you can save your stereo settings (e.g., Bypass) for that input separately from other inputs.
          Brad

Comment

• pyroponic
            • Apr 2005

Yep that was what I was thinking but my player does not have any additional L/R analog outputs in the back (which is strange because it does have great CD playback). Anyway I've been listening to it through the multi-input and boy does it sound great! It's a night and day difference, the imaging and clarity but possibly the biggest improvement was in the bass :T

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"