X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Armond
    • Dec 2005

Newbie needs help

Hello all, I'm currently shopping to upgrade my old Yamaha RXV 870 to a Rotel RSX 1055. I have since missed out on a sale but there is now an apporutnity to buy these: 1. RDA-975 2. RSP-980 and 3. RB-985. I know these are old units but I will be satisfied with Dolby Digital. I like my two Channel experience with music and love to watch movies as well. Will this be a good deal for 500 bucks ? or should I stick with an A/V Receiver like the RSX series? I would also be interested to anyone selling. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Armond
  • soundhound
    • Mar 2004

I entered into Rotel with an RSP-980 from a Yamaha 850. The 2 channel was intensley better, the surround modes were not bad, the only thing being you need to buy the outboard processors for the different surround formats. RD-xxx, I forget the models but the 980 is only capable of 1 or 2 types internally. But again, it blew the Yamaha away at 2 channel. It also betters the RSX-1055 for 2 channel. The amazing thing is I see the RSP-980 go on ebay ocassionally for as low as $200, which is a bargain.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"