X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • formica
    • Mar 2004

RSP980's bass management ?

I've got a RSP980 prologic preamp and have been using the 6 channel analog input with my DVDA player. My question has to do with how the preamp deals with the LFE output in different modes, particularly in the 6 channel bypass mode. The reason being that if I adjust my sub level using the integrated test tone, it is ok for 2 channel mode but is too low (about -6db) when I run my DVD players test tones.

Does the 6 channel analog input bypass:
    1. the RSP980's level/balance adjustment ?
    2. the RSP980's small/large switch at the rear ?
    3. the RSP980's 80Hz integrated x-over ?
    4. the RSP980's front tone controls ?

I realise some will simply suggest that I turn up the sub's amp and turn down the RSP980's sub level... but I'm limited in adjustments since my sub's pro-amp is already set close to it's max. I'd also like to understand the processor before I add in a new sub parametric EQ.

Thanks...
    Rob
  • formica
    • Mar 2004

Guess my unit is getting too long in the tooth... and not many people are still familiar with it's architecture... :?

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

I'm not familiar with your particular piece of equipment but as far as I know the analog inputs should bypass everything but volume control. Perhaps a quick email to Rotel tech support can confirm this if there's no one else with the same gear here who can

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
      Jason

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

I'm in the same boat as Jason in I'm not familar with that unit...my first Rotel pre amp was the 976 which was the model below yours I think...anyway I'd email Rotel's Tech support to be sure but back then virtually all 5.1 inputs were true analog by passes. On trick you might try for the bass is that if you've hit the upper end of the sub adjustments simply start lowering the other channels till they all ballence out.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"