X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deranged76
    • Dec 2005

Rotel RSP-1068 & RMB-1075,newbie...

Hello

First of all,hello everyone,I´m from Finland and new to this forum. I just bought RSP-1068 and RMB-1075 set and I´m very happy about it...except .... the hiss... THE HISS..OMG,i have tried everything...and it just doesn´t go away. Think I´m gonna take it back to where I bought it, but i have a little problem ,i don´t know which unit is causing the hiss. Still I have to say that the sound quality (except the hiss) is E-X-C-E-L-L-E-N-T!!! Now I only have Jamo D7 THX speaker set,but I think I´m gonna change to Genelec 8040A (front 3pcs) and 8030A (surround)+7070A subwoofer,and maybe for the music a pair on Amphion Xenon speakers.

Anyway,looks like a great forum so far :P
  • csuzor
    • Nov 2004

No real hiss from my 1068/1075 combo... try disconnect every connection, 1 at a time...

What type of hiss is it? high frequency or 60hz ? With my ear on the tweeter, there is some hiss, and if I press mute on the 1068 it stops... how bad is your hiss?

Comment

• PewterTA
      • Nov 2004

I agree with Csuzor, disconnect everything, do you still get the hiss (just amp and speakers hooked up. If so, try taking a piece of wire and touching the case (back screws from the amp to the 1068...does that stop it?

If there's no hiss, then slowly connect one thing at a time, connect the 1068, checking each interconnect as you go. Then connect DVD/CD/cable/whatever else.... each one checking where the hiss happens until you figure out exactly what combo is causing it.

Now if you are talking that you hear hiss from when you are right on top of the speaker, then that's normal...but more than a little bit away from the speakers and you shouldn't hear anything.
      Digital Audio makes me Happy.
      -Dan

Comment

• tomm
        • Oct 2005

yes that's right. make sure that power cords aren't running together and also try different units plugged into different power points. all this can cause a hiss.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"