Help: How to connect 1068 pre to Marantz Receiver.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HTguy
    • Sep 2004

Help: How to connect 1068 pre to Marantz Receiver.

Hi,

I bought the Rotel 1060/1075 combo to replace my Marantz AVR SR7000. The F/C/S are driven by the 1075. I would like to use the SR7000 to drive the 2 Center Back speakers until I can afford the 1080. Is it possible to accomplish this ? How do I connect the 1068 CB1/2 output to the Marantz SR7000.

thanks,

HTguy
  • Scherr
    • Dec 2003

Plug the Rotel surround back preouts (using an RCA cable) into any two of the 6 channel inputs (i.e., SL & SR). Set the Marantz to external input or whatever would be used for DVD-Audio/SACD. Set the volume to "0" reference level on the Marantz.

I am doing this with a Rotel 1056 and my old Denon 2800 and it works like a charm.

You can also power a second zone. Use the second zone preouts into the FL and FR external inputs. All you need is an additional set of speakers and you can power a second zone. I am doing this as well.

Scott

Comment

• HTguy
      • Sep 2004

Thank you much much. Your second zone answer is actually my next quesiton. Thank you very much for reading my mind and provide answer.

HTguy

Originally posted by Scherr
      Plug the Rotel surround back preouts (using an RCA cable) into any two of the 6 channel inputs (i.e., SL & SR). Set the Marantz to external input or whatever would be used for DVD-Audio/SACD. Set the volume to "0" reference level on the Marantz.

I am doing this with a Rotel 1056 and my old Denon 2800 and it works like a charm.

You can also power a second zone. Use the second zone preouts into the FL and FR external inputs. All you need is an additional set of speakers and you can power a second zone. I am doing this as well.

Scott

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"