X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zoomiin
    • Nov 2005

RSX-1055 up in smoke

I had my RSX-1055 powered down for the first time in ages the other day (actually unplugged from power). When I started it back up, the power light came on but the display was blank.

I checked the back, and the dip switches were set to the off position. I power cycled it a number of times, from the front panel and from the remote. Still the same blank display.

I figured that maybe I should zap the firmware, so I powered it down, plugged in the cable to my laptop and to the port on the back, and flipped the dip switches down to 'ON'.

I power it back up. The display was still blank but now the power button was also not illuminated.

Then I started HyperTerminal and I got a ">>" prompt and nothing else.

I hit enter once on my laptop keyboard and got another ">>" prompt. I hit enter once more and then smoke came out of the RWX-1055. The smell of electrical firw was in the air. I quickly disconnected everything.

Any ideas what I did wrong?
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Most likely nothing. Sounds like something broke in the unplugging or plugging of power. Setting the dipswitches to on and turning it back on just allowed more stuff to blow.

As to why it broke messing with the power, no clue. Rotel will cover it under warranty. Give your dealer a call and set it up.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"