X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Erik
    • Oct 2003

choosing rsx1065 over rsx1055

Hello all, this is my first post here.
    Lots of topics to read, but i read it to juni so far :-)

I have still one question. My situation:
    room - 4x6 meters
    speakers - now 2 x matrix 805 (hopefully, one day 5 x matrix 805)

I listen 50% to Music:
    Stereo
    5 channel (sacd/dvda)
    radio (1 sender)
    mp3
    TV

And 50% to HT/movies.

So i was first thinking on a rsx1055 (at $2000) later i discovered the rsx1065 (at $3000). I choose a receiver because i only listen to the the tuner one day a week to one sender. So i find it not worth the extra money to buy a separate tuner for that.

I never play my music or movies hard because of nabours. So 5 x 75 watt is more then enough for me.
    Will it be worth the extra money for the rsx1065? The specs are almost (99%) the same. I dont need the extra power of the 1065, but if everything will also sound much better and accurate because of the extra power then its maybe worth the higher price.
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Erik I'd get the 1055. If you later find you need more power simply add a nice 2 channel amp and you're set. Chances are good you'll end up paying less even if you do end up adding a power amp later on.

Comment

• Erik
      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Andrew Pratt
      Erik I'd get the 1055. If you later find you need more power simply add a nice 2 channel amp and you're set. Chances are good you'll end up paying less even if you do end up adding a power amp later on.
      Hi,
      Dont you mean a 5 channel amp?

Comment

• HowardGjr
        • Jan 2003

Eric,

Without pretending to be able to read Andrew's mind, I think he means a two channel amp. You would use a good (excellent) two channel amp to power your main (R/L) fronts. The 1055 would be used to power the surrounds. This configuration would also let you go to a 7.1 configuration.

In my opinion, Andrew is providing you with excellent advice.

Take care.
        Howard

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Right I did mean two channel since for most people adding more power to the surrounds isn't really noceable unless they're into multichannel music and using larger rear speakers.

Comment

• BleakShore
            • Oct 2003

I concur with Andrew.

First, I'd also recommend the 1055. I have it.
            Second, unless you like 7.1, save $$ and just get the 1055.
            It will give you full 5.1, with the capability to go 7.1 later if you wish.

When you have the urge, you can get a nice 2-ch amp like Andrw says, use it to drive the front speakers, reconfigure (redirect) two of the internal amps (the ones that used to drive the fronts) to power the back center speakers.

Now you have full 7.1, with more capable 2-ch amp driving the fronts.

1055 is nice because it lets you redirect and use the front 2 amps to power the back centers.

1065 does not have this feature. Sounds to me, with your situation, the RSX 1055 is just the receiver for you.

Regards,

Comment

• ejfiii
              • May 2003

I had a long reply typed out but the system lost it.

So here is the short version. I bought the 1065 instead of the 1055 and don't feel like I am getting anything better for it. I use a two channel amp for the fronts in either case. I did get a good deal on the 1065 though, so I am not losing sleep over it. I do wish it had the assignable main amps to the rears for a 7.1 setup as I had to buy a second two channel for 7.1 from the 1065.

Anyway, good luck,

E. J.

My HT
              My HT

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"